A Libertarian Who Is At Odds With Her Own Party

Do Americans Just Hate Liberty?

40
Wikipedia

Let's be honest here...I am a 20 year old female Libertarian who resides in a heavily- Republican state, Idaho. I feel sometimes that I am at odds with those around me, fighting both heavy Republicans and heavy Democrats on a constant basis, all while being called a Democrat or Republican by the opposing party.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with someone being a Republican or Democrat, all except the fact that both parties like to control American's minds into voting for their party because of "this social issue" or "that moral issue". Neither party will ever grant you what you want, sad to say. In fact, these two parties are more similar than different. They are funded by big agencies that want to keep laws in or take them out. They are being paid to say what they are saying. But, most importantly, they are buddy-ing up to keep the other parties out.

So, what does this have to do with me being a Libertarian at odds with my own party? Everything. As a Libertarian, I believe that every American citizen has rights granted to them by being a citizen here in the good ol' USA. I will defend your right to have your own opinion- even if I think that opinion is extremely idiotic. But, just like in any other party, there are many different interpretations of what our government should "be".

So, here is why I am at odds with the Libertarian Party-

This election (2016) is going to be one of the biggest ones in US History. There is so much at stake with what our nation and government is involved in, that each voting decision has huge risks. Yet here we are, with two of the most incompetent people: Clinton and Trump. Honestly, that is a whole other rant that I will avoid (for right now, stay tuned in a few weeks for said rant). People are looking for other answers. At first, I was looking at Rand Paul, because honestly I think that he out of every other person in the world, is more qualified for the job. Lots of Republicans looked at their other options, a big one being Cruz. Many Democrats (especially young people who noticed Clinton's evil ways) looked to Sanders (who ended up selling himself to Clinton...called it months away). So, after the system worked itself out, we were left with Clinton and Trump. Americans needed more...so they turned to third parties, especially the Libertarian party. Yay!

Well...not quite yay...this is an important time for us Libertarians too, but our party disappointed many of us. While we looked at candidates such as Austin Petersen, the party chose Gary Johnson. Don't get me wrong, Johnson is a bit better than Clinton or Trump in my eyes, but I don't think I could vote for him either. I don't want to vote between the lesser of three evils...that is not how this government should be ran.

So, I am disappointed with the Libertarian Party. I think you could have done a whole lot better.

Will I vote? I am not sure. Voting with a conscious is hard. Overall, whomever I vote for, it will go against Liberty, and I am not sure if I am OK with that.