date ideas in lexington kentucky

10 Dates All UK Students Can Wow Their S.O. With In Lexington

A memorable experience that you can't receive anywhere else!

217
Morgan Rexroth
Morgan Rexroth

On the first day I drove to Lexington, Kentucky with my mom, I knew that UK was a great fit for me. The university had everything I had to offer and the town reminded me of home, but I never realized how unique the college experience would be compared to a college experience at other universities across the nation.

How many students can say that thoroughbred horse racing is a part of their college experience, with the top bourbon distilleries right in our backyard? The Kentucky Derby, often referred to as the fastest two minutes in sports is in the top twenty of the largest, most attended sporting events in the U.S. But, how many people can really say that they live in a state without ANY professional sports?

If you live in the state of Kentucky, you are thriving on UK or U of L Sports, which is why every restaurant/bar or retail shop that you visit, all you see is the rivalry between UK and U of L. In Lexington alone, there are a variety of things to do that you are not going to find in any other state and here are the top ten things that you can do with your significant other.

Keeneland

@keeneland

Visit one of the most beautiful thoroughbred horse racing tracks in the nation in Lexington, Kentucky during their fall meet in October and spring meet in April. With great food, drinks, gambling, and friends, it truly is a Kentucky tradition to at least attend once before graduation.

Bourbon distilleries 

@woodfordreserve

Kentucky makes some of the best freshest in the entire world. Before I graduate, I want to complete the entire bourbon trail. So far, I have made it to three of them and will continue visiting them when my significant other comes in town. All men love their bourbon!

The Kentucky Castle 

@thewoodfordreserve

The Kentucky Castle located in Versailles is a historic landmark in Kentucky. The Castle Farms restaurant is a great date night spot, with a continuously changing menu season to season with cuisines using the freshest ingredients from their garden. The Castle also offers a variety of events during the year such as Yoga at Sunset, Dinner with Santa, and Castle Tours. A super romantic spot, with an amazing view!

Natural Bridge 

@kytourism

Natural Bridge State Park in Slade, Kentucky is one of my favorite places to go in the fall when the leaves are changing. With breathtaking views, it is a great place to "get away" for a little bit, go on a nice hike, and spend a great day with your significant other. On your way out, stop at Miguel's Pizza, which is always a tradition when visiting the park.

Thursday night live 

thursday night live

Through the months of April-October, Fifth Third Bank holds a Thursday Night Live in Downtown Lexington. It is a great place to take your significant other to listen to live music, eat from local food vendors, and have some drinks under the sunset before getting back to the books.

University of Kentucky Sports 

@kentuckymbb

No other school in the nation broke the record for the loudest indoor cheer!!! Kentucky basketball games are truly one of a kind and definitely an experience that everyone should be a part of when visiting Lexington, Kentucky. It is one of my favorite things to do when my significant other comes in town during basketball season.

The Kentucky Theater 

@kentuckymbb

The Kentucky Theater is a cinema that first opened in Downtown Lexington in 1922. The best part about this cinema is that it shows newly released movies and hosts a variety of private events. A great place for a date night after your dinner downtown.

Downtown Lex Restaraunts

@lexvillageidiot

There are a variety of fantastic cuisines in Downtown Lexington, such as the Village Idiot. The Village Idiot is a gastropub, that offers a perfect balance between upscale and casual. Other restaurants to visit downtown are Carson's and Dudley's on Short.

The Summit at Fritz Farm 

@thesummitatfritzfarm

The Summit at Fritz Farm is one of my boyfriend and I's favorite things to do in Lexington on a nice day. The Summit offers a variety of upscale retail stores, great restaurants, and a variety of fun-filled events on the weekends.

Horseback Riding 

@kyhorsepark

The Horse Capital of the World offers some of the most beautiful farms and trails to go horseback riding at. Go out and take a ride on a beautiful day to discover some of the best farms and horses in the country.