A Letter To My Senior Year Self

A Letter To My Senior Year Self

I hope you lived a college experience that you are proud of.

24
A Letter To My Senior Year Self

To My Senior Self,

I hope that after the past four years you are walking away with an abundance of experiences, and opportunities that you are proud of. College is supposed to be some of the best four years of your life, so please don't take them for granted. This is your freshman self speaking to you, and after only a week at school I have so many hopes for you. I want you to read this letter before you graduate and know that you accomplished a college career that you are proud of.

I hope that in the course of the next four years you find yourself the amazing lifelong friends that people always tell you, you are going to meet in college. I hope these friends are the ones who will encourage you to keep working toward your goal even after school ends, and you all graduate. I hope these friends love you for who you are, and you can love them for them. I hope these friends were there for you when times got tough and you needed a shoulder to cry on. I hope that they were also there for you when you just wanted to go get dressed up and go to a cute dinner. I hope these friends have pushed you, and allowed you to have so many new and rewarding experiences. I hope these friends were there for you when you had no one else to eat with in the dining hall. I hope these friends laughed with you until your stomach hurt. I hope these friends helped you to believe in a more optimistic approach to life. I hope these friends constantly believed in you, and pushed you to believe in yourself. I hope these friends understood when you were missing your friends and family back home, but were there no matter what to try and fill that void. I hope these friends brought out the very best in you, and are now people who you will experience life with for many more years to come.

I hope you lived a college experience that you are proud of. I hope you didn't fall onto the pressures that college brings along, but instead rose above, and made good decisions for yourself, while still having a good time. I hope you went outside of your comfort zone and experienced things that you never even dreamed of one day experiencing. I also hope you failed. This is the best way to learn, and to grow as a person. However, I really hope you succeed. I hope you worked hard, but still experienced college for what it is. I hope that you walk away without a single regret. I hope you found yourself, and are proud of who you became. I hope that you are ready to see where life can takes you. I hope that you are so happy.

I hope that you are just moments away from becoming what you have always dreamed of becoming, a nurse. You have worked so hard, and so long so that you could one day spend your days doing what you love, helping people. I hope that even though the journey was long, and hard that you look back on this an realize why it was worth it. This is your time to finally accomplish your life long goal, and I sure hope that there is nothing getting in the way. I hope that you still share the same passion, if not more passion for the profession you have always dreamed of becoming a part of. I hope you are ready, because your time is now.

College is an exciting time, an unpredictable time, and a time to flourish. You are attending a four year university that has given you all the necessary tools to succeed. Go out and use these tools so that when you read this to your senior self you are proud. These hopes can easily become accomplished through the power of determination, and the diminish of fear. I cant wait to see where life takes you, and good luck to my senior self.

Sincerely,
Your Freshman Self