Letters for the Broken

Letters for the Broken

My way of making a difference in the world.

29
Letters for the Broken
Geek News Central

“Kindness can transform someone's dark moment with a blaze of light. You'll never know how much your caring matters. Make a difference for another today.” -Amy Leigh Mercree

Have you ever had a moment where you felt alone and that no one would understand you? I have many of those moments which lead me to feel anxious and depressed. It wasn't helping me to just sit in my room all alone, feeling helpless. I am lucky to have such an amazing support system but not many people are as lucky as me. This got me to thinking maybe I can make a difference by helping others going through things similar.

As a child, I always loved to read the Ask Abby columns and even my friends would come to me for advice, so I tried to start Ask Donna which failed miserable so then I had to brainstorm ideas on how to help others. That's when I started talking to some of my best friends from college and one of them was in the middle of maybe starting her own publishing company. Another friend of mine was starting his anthology, Owed to X'S, for her company. My friend's anthology was poems he had people submit about ex-relationships. This gave me an idea, on starting my own anthology. This is how Letters for the Broken was created.

Letters for the broken was created for those who are going through things, that may feel like they are alone or even those who want to share what they went through. All you need to do to be a part of this is write a letter sharing your story. So all everyone has to do is submit a letter to the anthology email and all the submissions will be collected a published.

Starting Letters for the Broken, I hope to make a difference in someone's life and be able to save lives. Knowing that someone is there or that you're not alone, can make a huge difference. I hope that soon, I will have more submissions and more people willing to make a difference.

If anyone wants to submit to Letters for the Broken or has any questions, just send it to letters_for_the_broken@yahoo.com.

Remember you're letter could make a difference in someone's life.