To Myself One Year From Now, I Hope To Look Cute AF At Graduation

I’m working hard right now so you can relax later.

1651

Hey, you!

You did it. You actually graduated with a degree in communication! I’m so proud of you!

So, let me be the first to say it…

Congratulations.

All that hard work paid off, didn’t it? You had a few bumps in the road, but that’s okay. Just like alcohol, it isn’t about the journey, it’s about the destination — speaking of which, you should be able to legally drink now! I hope you’re taking a shot as you read this now. You deserve it.

You should be proud of yourself, too. You and I know better than anyone that it wasn’t easy. Times got tough, and you had to do a lot of things you didn’t want to do — but you did it anyway. You pulled through.

You’re the first one in your immediate family to graduate college.

And it’s okay if you don’t have a job in your field yet. I believe in you, and so do your peers. Be proud of all the of work that you did do, and keep working hard to do better and be better.

I have no idea where you’d be right now. I’m writing this a year before you graduate, and let me tell ya, life is hard right now.

I just hope — wherever you are when you’re reading this — that you’re happy. That everything is either coming into place or going where you want them to. I’m working hard right now so you can relax later.

Or now? It’d be now for you, wouldn’t it? I don’t know. This whole writing to my future self-thing is confusing.

Anyways, congratulations! I expect you to be stuntin’ in something cute as you get your third academic diploma. I always knew we could do it.

All the best,

Yourself