An Open Letter To My Best Friend

An Open Letter To My Best Friend

I miss you, Jay

1523
Personal Photo
Kayla Whittington

Jay,

Best friends are defined as being someone's closest friend. Someone that you could call when you're crying in your driveway about something you shouldn't have done. Someone you can send one-word texts to at one in the morning and pick up like the three-month silence never happened. Someone you can have a screaming session in a high school parking lot with. Someone who tells you like it is and yet still encourages your late night stupidity.

You're my rock, honestly. You are always a call away and you help me to keep my head on my straight when I feel a wreck. You've helped me to become the person I am today. You made me feel comfortable with myself. You forced me to open up and laugh, something that I hadn't felt comfortable doing for quite some time.

And, of course, I am harsh at times. But at the end of the day, I want nothing more than your happiness because I have only met a few people who deserve it more than you do. You're such a kind, funny, gentle, and loving person, and I am so lucky to have met you when I did. I am never going to stop trying to push you to prioritize your happiness because you're the only person that will care about it as much as you can, besides me.

You are so important to me and I can't explain the love that I have for you. Yes, we argue about stupid stuff, like sunglasses and college; but, we're stuck together like an old married couple that already put too much time into each other.

I love you like crazy and I can't wait to see you soon!

Love, Old Sport