A Letter To The Girl Who Was Cheated On By Her "Soulmate"

Chin up, darling. There's a life beyond the one you pictured with him.
501

Hi there,

I heard you've been going through some pretty tough times lately. He left you, didn't he? The guy you grew to love and trust so dearly, chose to betray you and stomp your heart into the ground. The love you had for him was deeper than any ocean and stronger than the most potent of drugs, wasn't it?

You saw your entire future built around him. You never once thought he would ever do this to you, he was your version of perfection. You placed your heart in his hands and trusted him to never drop it. He did his job for a long time, but then one day he became complacent, or maybe careless, and he let his eyes wander astray.

He dropped your heart and stepped on it while chasing someones else. He broke you. I see how your attitude has changed. You've lost your will to live and the ability to see the good in your life; you've never felt so alone before.

It's not hard to see how miserable you've become. The sadness, confusion, self-loathing, and loneliness has consumed your entire existence; you don't think you'll ever be the same again, do you?

Every night, as you fight back tears, you pray to God that he will return to your side and awaken you from the nightmare. But deep down inside yourself, you know he is never coming back. He made that choice the moment he let his eyes wander. He's left you wondering why you weren't good enough, wondering what it was that you did wrong.

Don't you dare blame yourself for his choices, don't you dare give him that kind of power over you.

The hardest part in all of this is the fact that no matter how badly you want to hate him for this, you will always forgive him in the end. However, don't let anyone tell you that this is a bad thing. The ability to forgive him will help you move on. Forgive him, but never forget what he chose to do to you.

Right now, this is the time for you to keep to yourself and take a mental and emotional break. Go ahead and cry, be sad, and let all the negativity out. It's okay to not be okay.

Time will heal the wounds he left you with. How much time it takes is completely up to you. Maybe you'll begin to let go tomorrow, or maybe it'll take a few years. Have patience and keep an open mind, and I promise that this situation will get better.

Nobody ever expects to have their trust violated by a loved one, so I'm sure that your willingness to love and trust again is next to zero, and that is perfectly okay right now. Since you can no longer give your love to him, give it to yourself instead.

You are not any less of a person because he cheated and left. You are still beautiful, strong-willed, intelligent, and filled with kindness. Besides, if you can love the person who hurt you this much, just imagine how much you will love the person who chooses to stand by you forever.

The game of love is the most difficult and complex for humans to win. All the stars must align perfectly for success to be found. While you may have lost faith in love, never lose faith in yourself.

Stay strong, you'll get through this. Just remember to never blame yourself, forgive, but never forget, take your time, and always love yourself.

Love,

The Stranger Who Cares