Dear Future Me....

Dear Future Me....

There are so many things that I have to say to you....
29

In my First Year Seminar class at college last semester, my professor had all of us write a letter to our future selves. She told us that she would be collecting them and then mailing them to us before we graduate to see how much we have grown. During this assignment, I realized that I had absolutely no clue where I'd be in the next four years of my college career. Would I still be enrolled as a molecular biologist? Would I decide to change my major? Everything about my future was uncertain. However, I realized that that was ok. It's ok to not know what's going to happen. After pondering the assignment for a few minutes, I finally knew what I would write to myself. It went something like this:

Dear Future Me,

There are so many things that I wish to tell you. You're finally a senior in college.....how are you holding up? How do you feel? Is it everything that you wanted? More? Less? What have you accomplished during these past four years? Have you made a difference on Messiah College's campus? Are you still dating Mitchell? (I really hope so....he is pretty amazing and is probably one of the best things that has ever happened to you!.....that and I love his mom. 😏 She has officially earned the title of "Mom #2"!!) Anyways, have you been kind, considerate, and caring? Being that I am writing this my freshman year, many things have probably changed. Have you reached 5'2" yet? (If so, congrats!) Is your hair still completely untamable? It probably is so just keep doing what you're doing with it. Enough with the physical traits. How are you mentally? Have you been getting enough sleep and eating enough? I know how you always forget to eat meals when you're doing school work. Besides the obvious, graduation is just around the corner. There are probably so many things running through your head right now. However, I just want you to know that everything is going to be alright. Despite all of the stress of school and everyday life, you WILL make it through these next few weeks. You will be able to do it. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it! Be yourself! Don't change for anyone or anything. Don't stress out too much about you future. Graduate school and medical school will be a challenge, but with a lot of endurance and hard work, you can accomplish anything. So as you graduate, remember to always pray often and thank God for everything that you have and everything you have accomplished. Give everything to God and God will give everything to you.

-Your past self