What I Hope My Siblings Know

A Letter To My Siblings

I know that I'm gone off to college now, but please come see me and CALL ME!

264
A Letter To My Siblings
Bryanna McCool

There's nothing like having siblings. As annoying as they can be sometimes, in your heart they will always hold a special place, because let's be honest, they're your first best friends. I'm so thankful to have been blessed with two siblings; I don't know where I'd be without them.

Dear My Favorite Precious Humans... wait... I mean idiots... wait... Special Ones,

I hope you know how much I already miss our favorite things to do together. Movie nights, trips to eat Mexican, and just riding around are some of the things I miss the most about being home. I miss all (and yes there are many) of our trips to Dollar General and to go get ice.

I hope you know how much I've loved getting to watch you grow up. I can't believe you're both SENIORS?! WHAT!? How did that even happen? I hope you have loved growing up with me as much as I have with you, even when we've gotten on each others' nerves. I can't wait to watch y'all ball this year (YES! I will be home as much as possible to watch y'all ball out.) However, I'm not prepared because I know I'll be balling on May 17th :'(

I hope you know that I am your biggest supporter, even if I can't make it to all of your games. Ya girl is working so hard on her degree, but know that I'd rather be watching you play sports than in Chem II. I hope you know that I will be there to hold you when you cry, but I'll also kick you in the butt and tell you to get over it because it's time to get back to work.

I hope you know that it's ALWAYS a good time to call me. If my phone is off, it's probably because I'm in class, but I will call you as soon as I can, because there's nothing I want more than to hear your voice on the other end of the phone. I hope you know that you can call me about anything, big or small. But I hope you realize that you're always going to get brutal honesty from me, so think before you call.

I hope you know that you guys are my best friends. By the end of my four years here, I will have made lifelong friends who will hopefully fill my bridal party, but I want you guys to always remember that my Maid/Matron of honor shoes are already filled and there's only one guy I KNOW will be a groomsman. You guys are my first friends, as well as my best friends. Don't ever forget that.

I hope you know that you've made me proud. You both work so hard at school and sports, and there's nothing I want more than for you both to follow your dreams wherever they take you. I don't know what path either of you will take going into school, but I can only hope and pray 1.) It will lead you to Mississippi State or 2.) It will lead you on the best path for YOU. I hope that you chase your dreams, but never catch them.

I hope you both know that I will always be here for you. No matter the circumstance, time, or place I will drop everything that I can drop to be with you. I hope you know that my door is always open. At home, in Sessums Hall Room 214, or wherever I may be, I hope you know that you can always barge in (well.. try to knock first) and tell me about your day, because there's nothing I love more than sharing my life with the both of you.

I hope you know that every single thing that I have said here today comes from the bottom of my heart, well not literally, because then I may have a heart attack, but you know figuratively. Anyway... I hope you know that I really am your number one fan, your shoulder to cry on, your best friend to laugh with, but most importantly, I'm your big sister, and I'm so glad that I have you. If I had different siblings, I would punch them in the face and come find you. I hope that you both have an amazing senior year.

I love you so so much!

Your Sister,

Bry <3