Have You Found Your Person?

Have You Found Your Person?

She's more than just your best friend, she's your sister.
17703

Everybody "has a person." A term coined by none other than the "twisted sisters" Meredith Grey and Cristina Yang of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," your "person" is much more than just some random human being. She is much more than someone you occasional keep in touch with, or someone you only reach out to when it's convenient for you. She is much more than just your friend, or even your best friend, but instead more like your sister. You may not have known her the longest out of all your friends, but you certainly know her the best. You probably don't always give your person the recognition they deserve, but deep down you know you'd go completely insane without them.

Dear "My Person,"

Congratulations! You've earned the prestigious title of being my person, and I'm sorry to break it to ya, but now you're stuck with me forever. Here's the thing: I didn't ask for you, I didn't see you coming, and looking back I'm not even sure when you actually became my person, but now when I look at my life, I couldn't imagine it without you.

I should probably tell you thank you for at least some of the things that I actually am so grateful to you for, but would never tell you in person. So thank you for being there for me through it all – the good, the bad, and the really ugly. When I've gone through some of my worst days, you were there. You didn't even have to say anything. I wasn't looking for some incredible pep talk or advice, but just you being by my side to lift me up at my weakest was all the help I needed. Thank you for continuing to stay my best friend even after you've seen how much of a weirdo I am (and you're welcome for staying your best friend once I found out that you're even weirder than me). Thank you for never leaving when everyone else has. Thank you for never judging me. Thank you for telling me what I needed to hear, even when I didn't want to hear it. Thank you for keeping me grounded. Thank you for being my other half, my best friend, my sister, my person.

Let me put the sappiest stuff aside for a minute and talk about a real struggle that I've discovered throughout the duration of you being my person: doing things without you really sucks, for a lack of better words. No matter what it is, you're always down to do the craziest things that any other person wouldn't even dare to do with me. You're my fun friend, my down-ass b*tch, literally my partner in crime. I'm pretty sure we'll be 80 years old, sitting in our rocking chairs, drinking a $15 case of Natty Ice, laughing at all of the dumb things we've done and wondering how we never spent the night in jail together because of them.

When it all comes down to it, no amount of words could describe the unique relationship that we have, which is what makes it so genuine, and no amount of "thank-yous" could describe how grateful I am to have a best friend like you. You're the Cristina to my Meredith, the lime to my tequila (or the lemonade to my blue UV), the Kourtney to my Khloe, the best to my friend. Thank you times a million for being my person.

Hate you sometimes. Love you always,

Your Person