Grey's Anatomy introduced the concept of having a "person" with the unstoppable best friend duo Meredith Grey and Christina Yang. They're a wonderful example of what best friends should be for each other, and here are some signs you've found your very own person.
Now that I'm older, I definitely appreciate you a lot more than I did as a kid. I appreciate the little things, from the random text messages to constantly tagging me on Facebook in your "funny" photos and sending me pins of stuff I like on Pinterest. Now that I'm older, I can look back and realize that everything I am is all because of you. You've made me strong but realize it's okay to cry. You've shown me how a mother gives everything to her children to give them a better life than she had, even when she's left with nothing. And, most importantly you've taught me to never give up and without this, I would not be where I am today.
Mom, now that I'm older, I realize that you're the best friend I'm ever going to have. You cheer me on when I try new things and support me in deciding to be whatever person I want to be. Thank you for never telling me I can't do something and helping me figure out ways to be the best woman I can be. Your love for me is unconditional. They say true, unconditional love can only come from God, but mom, I think you're a pretty close second.
SEE ALSO: An Open Letter To The Cool Mom
Now that I'm older, I don't get to see you as much. But not seeing you as much just makes the times I do get to see you the absolute best, and I look forward to it every time. Now that I'm older, I'm not going to live at home. But, I promise to always come back because I know the door is always open. Your house is always going to be my home, and no other place is going to be the same.
Now that I'm older, I realize how much I miss you taking care of me. I miss you making me dinner, making sure I was doing well in school, and taking me to endless appointments. I miss you waking me up for school and then waking me up again because I didn't listen the first time.
But, Mom, now that I'm older, I can see all that you've done for me. I can look back and see how big of a brat I was but you still loved me (and let me live) anyways. I can understand why you did certain things and frankly, you're one bada** of a woman.
To have you as my mom and my best friend has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. So, Mom, now that I'm older, thank you, for everything.
The Office, aka 'Terrible Show of Idiotic People in Scranton' to me, is the worst show ever.
I absolutely despise its mere existence, and recently in our Slack, I was told to express my feelings about my distaste of it in general and make sure to call out the entire show's overrated concept and reception by these so-called 'fans'. I must warn you: I will not back down from these statements because this a damn free country so I am embracing the hate from here on out.
It might surprise you that many of your friends and family might agree with me on the fact that "The Office" is the worst show ever.
1. Michael Scott should've been fired for his sexual harassment-level humor at the end of Season 1.
2. Jim and Pam are the worst couple because all they do is stare at the camera like they're on trial. Good thing Jim married Emily Blunt in real life.
3. Dwight has his popularity, but like "I'm Dwight Schrute from The Office can I take your order?" popularity.
4. Creed is actually the most normal out of the show, he's cool.
5. Mindy Kaling has the most despicable voice, so I mute the TV whenever she speaks to Ryan.
Nothing against Kaling's success as a writer/director, though.
6. Jim should be slapped for stealing Roy's fiancee
7. Kevin dropping the chili is probably the worst cold open ever. I've seen even worst cold openings from SNL than that one.
8. Michael Scott is not funny (that's what I said!)
9. I did not laugh during the fire alarm opening.
10. Netflix made the best call announcing that the mole that is The Office would be gone by 2021.
I'll send Netflix $1,000,000 myself when the show finally gets taken down.
thank u, next.