A Letter To My Parents For the Summer

A Letter To My Parents For the Summer

nag nag nag nag NAG.

143
A Letter To My Parents For the Summer
Orlando Espinosa

Mom and Dad,

Yes I will always be your baby. Yes I live under your roof. Yes I am grateful for everything you do, and am completely willing to help around the house. BUT, I am an adult. I am coming home after being on my own, living in all the wonderful freedom college provides. I did not have chores. I did everything on my own free will.

With that being said. Please, please, PLEAAASSEE. Stop nagging me (Dad this is mostly directed at you). If you ask me to do something, it will get done. Don't remind me every three seconds. It's annoying.

And believe it or not. I'd like to relax a little. The semester has been stressful, and I need a little time to relax before I work every day for the rest of my summer vacation. Please let me sit on my butt for a few hours and binge watch the TV shows I have piling up on the DVR.

With all that being said, I'm super happy to be home. Home cooked meals, all the furry creatures, and hanging out with my folks. I love you guys, but please remember I'm an adult and don't need to be bossed around.

You have three months to nag me, lets not get it all in the first week I'm home for summer.

With best intentions,

your favorite child.