A Letter To My Parents At Graduation

A Letter To My Parents At Graduation

Thank you for everything you have done for me.

10825
A Letter To My Parents At Graduation
Anne Capozzoli

Graduation is finally here, and I am ready to go off to college for a whole set of new experiences. But I really just want to say thank you mom and dad. I know I was a very hard-headed child. I was too independent. I fought with you at all turns, but I want to thank you for everything you have done. You have raised me to be a strong woman and to believe in myself.

Remember the times I didn't want to do my work? Remember how you made me do it? I may have hated that at the time, but it has instilled in me an incredibly successful drive to work as hard as I can, to always do my best, and to never slack off.

Remember all the stress relief you made me do? I can honestly say this is one of the greatest things I need to thank you for. The work piles up and I stress and stress with no end in sight. You helped me manage it effectively and never feed into it. You gave me tips, tricks, and the occasional snack to get through it all.

Thank you for being with me through the ups and the downs. You never failed to come support me at my swim meets and my academic ceremonies. Most importantly, you stuck by my side when I lost my friends and felt incredibly alone. You pushed me to just put one foot in front of the other. You never failed to tell me, "There is a reason for all of this, and one day it will turn out OK."

Thank you for giving me siblings. I was able to have two best friends from the beginning. Not only were they my friends, but they gave me the drive to be incredibly competitive, and that has gotten me where I am today. For that, I can never thank you enough.

Thank you for believing in me when I didn't believe in myself. You taught me that I need to believe that the choices I have made are the right ones, even when I am alone in my choice.

Thank you for raising me to be a child of God. Some of my best memories have been made in my time at church. I would not be where I am today without God and without believing that he has a plan for me. Thank you for helping me realize his plan and always telling me to trust in God no matter what.

Thank you for pushing me to always be the best version of myself. I know there are times were my judgement has failed me, but there are you always telling me to be the bigger person. You always made me do the right thing, and in the end, it has made me a forgiving person.

Most importantly, thank you for being my parents. I would not want any other people to call mom and dad. You have raised me to be a woman of substance and to always lead by example. You have helped me develop myself to be a leader. You have given me a moral compass—and a strong one at that. You have given me all the tools I need to be successful in my life. The hard part of your job is over, but I will still need my mom and dad when I am away at school, so expect frequent calls.

Thank you a million times over for everything you have done for me.

Love,

Your Daughter