A Letter To My "Little" Brother

A Letter To My "Little" Brother

You're not so little anymore, and I guess I'll have to get that in my head.

273
A Letter To My "Little" Brother
Kristin Malinowski

Well, little bro, you're all grown up and life is just going quicker than you probably even realize. I probably sound like a complete mom, but I really am proud of all you've done and continue to do. So here's to you dude!

Ever since you were born we were inseparable. I took you with me everywhere, you went to my friend's houses, rode bikes with all of us "older" kids, played outside after school, cooked dinners together, bonfires on the weekends, made big blanket forts when the power went out, and so much more.

Now you're grown up, just got your driver's license and your first job. You have an amazing brain; one that got you accepted into OSEC and with that being able to graduate high school with your associate's degree. You have amazing talents; singing in the choir, acting on the big stage for years, playing the violin, and being a leader in your classes.

We've been through it all together, teaching you how to walk and cook your first s'more, helping you pick out your outfits and get ready for school, stuffing you in tubs and pushing you around the living room, taking you to the movies, driving you and your friends to concerts, you and I just getting out of the house going to get ice cream or go to Meijer, the late nights driving home after musical practices, practicing for solo auditions in choir, but most of all just watching you grow up.

You're not so little anymore, and I guess I'll have to get that in my head. But some things you should always know that will never change, I will always be there to help you pick our your outfits, I will be there to take a drive when you just want to get out and not talk, I'll be there for all your "lasts"- last concert, last musical, last day, last class, everything.

This life will continue to move faster than you think, but it will be filled with fun, laughs, tears, excitement, and so many memories! Take it all in, do everything you can, do it all. Dream big and don't stop until you've accomplished that dream and are then working on an even bigger one.

But never forget, you'll always have to be at family dinners, you will have to dye and hunt Easter eggs for the rest of your life, put up and take down the Christmas decorations at mom and dads, visit nana and papa on Halloween for sweet treats and trick or treaters, bring something to pass for Thanksgiving dinner, and call mom and nana everyday to update them on your life.

We are all rooting for you scooter! We are all so proud of you, keep it up!