A Letter To My Hetero Self

A Letter To My Hetero Self

When you wish you could receive a letter from your future to help you to have the opportunity to rewrite your story.

7
A Letter To My Hetero Self
Freddy Castro

Do you ever wish that you could go back in time or send yourself a letter to give you that extra boost of confidence? I have found myself often wishing that I could do just that because I feel that it could save a lot of heartache and annoyance.

If you were to write a letter to yourself, what would it say? For me, it is the following.

Dear Lost Teen,

I know you don't think you know me, but I know you deeper than anyone could ever imagine. You see, I am you.

I know you are scared about the feelings that you have developed and tried to push aside, but I want you to know that it gets better.

When you are older you will come out, you will be disowned, and you will meet the love of your life who will be there to pick you up and put you back together. It does get better, during your time of disownment, you will grow, emotionally especially.

While you may be doomed to be 5'2.99" tall for a good majority of your life, during the growth phase, you will develop your own sense of who you are, your confidence will build, and you will learn to make your very own decisions.

Yes, eventually, your family will reunite and they will realize that you are still the same person that you were before.

Now, this is my own story and the things that led me to become the older version of yourself. You still have time to create your own story. What if you didn't wait until you were 25 years old to come out? Yes, you would possibly be kicked out or the scenario could be handled a lot better and differently, but you never will know if you don't let go and let yourself be you.

For you, life is just beginning and you have plenty of time to figure things out, so go out and allow yourself to open up and have fun! Don't do things that you will later on regret in life because you were simply trying to "fix yourself."

I want you to know that you will figure out what your parents tried to get across to you for most of your life; while your parents had their moments of being wrong, they also had a lot of moments of being right.

Take care of yourself, be confident, and stand up for what you believe in.

Love Always,

I've Been Outed

You see, I have had many times where I sit back and wish I would have just come out, but, then again, I wouldn't be where I am now. I may not have kids who I think the world of and I may not be the confident person that I am today. Overall, you are in control of your story and you write your own chapters. Don't let others take that opportunity away from you.

You deserve the best and, if you allow yourself, you will receive the best.

You are amazing! Don't let anyone tell you differently.