A Letter to my Godson/Goddaughter

A Letter to my Godson/Goddaughter

You are my favorite human being.

21686
A Letter to my Godson/Goddaughter
Abby Krysczak

Dear Godson/Goddaughter,

I love you. I distinctly remember the day you were born and the emotions I felt finding out you were finally a little human alive in the world. I had absolutely no idea on this exact day that I would be honored with the privilege of becoming your Godmother, the title that I now love having. I’ve watched you grow so much since the day you were born and I’ve literally seen you take baby steps every single day. You continue to shock your mommy, daddy and I with all the crazy things you do, and I’m sure we’re all going to be in a lot of trouble in the upcoming years.

As a Godmother, my job is ultimately to love and protect you, something I do on a day-to-day basis, not very quietly. I want you to grow up knowing I love you more than anything in the world, and I want you to grow up knowing who I am. I’m very close with my Godparents, and I know I always will want the same for you. As a Godmother, I’ll be someone you can always go to if you just need someone to talk to that’s not mommy or daddy. I’ll always be over to just hangout with you if you’re bored, take you to a movie or the zoo, or even just to grab some lunch. As your Godmother, I’ll be someone you can complain about mommy or daddy to when they’re getting on your last nerve, and we can joke and laugh about them and how ridiculous (or not ridiculous) they might be being.

The title of being your Godmother really does come with a lot of responsibility and job titles, to say the least. I’m your free built-in babysitter, your distraction if mommy or daddy needs to shower, your stroller-pusher, your holder if mommy or daddy’s hands are full, your hair to pull on or body to climb on, your chauffeur, and your funny face when you’re crabby. These job titles are only specific to your baby years (age newborn-4). Once you hit child years (age 5-12), I will then acquire all new job titles, and then when you hit high school years (age 13-whenever), I will have my work cut out for me.

Along with this privilege comes a ton of bias. You’re going to get so sick of me bragging about you to everyone I know and always showing them pictures. You’re gonna have to suck it up and get used to it, because I can’t help it that I think you’re the cutest kid in the world! I’m always going to think you’re perfect, even if you grow up and find imperfections in yourself. I’ll always be a cheerleader to everything you decide to do in life, and to who you become. As a Godmother, I have the most important honor of unconditionally loving the most beautiful child in the world, and I couldn’t imagine my life without being your Godmother.

Love always,

Your Godmommy