A Letter To My Godchildren

A Letter To My Godchildren

There's no love quite like a godmother's love.

832
A Letter To My Godchildren
Morgan Richard Olivier

My Godchildren,

As the years go by and you grow into your own person, I am reminded that you won't be little forever. It seems like yesterday I was preparing for your birth and planning on seeing your sweet face for the first time. So many great things have happened since then and I just want you to know how much you mean to me.

From the moment I saw, everything changed. You filled that space in my heart that I didn't know was void and brought so much happiness and innocence to a place that needed. It's hard to imagine my life and our family without you. Seriously, things just weren't as great until you came along. Until you were born, I didn't see or truly understand the value of time. Holidays, family outings, baby's firsts, and little words became so precious.

Watching you grow year after year is not only the most rewarding experience, but also the most heartbreaking. I know I won't always be able to scoop you into my arms and spin you around the room for much longer. Peek-a-boo will one day turn to prom and I will no longer be cool to you. I know and understand that fact, and with that being said, I want you to always remember this...

You changed my life for the better

You came into my life at the perfect time. You not only changed the way I looked at life and the world, but also inspired me to be the best person I could be. I went from doing things to "accomplish a goal" to pushing myself to become a role model. I strive to be someone you look to not only because I'm your godmother, but also because I showed you that you can do anything you set your mind to. You taught me stop and enjoy the little things, live for the day, and see everyone for the good in their heart. You continue to bring love and happiness into my life and to the lives of those around you.You've blessed me and got me through some hard times without even knowing it.

I believe in you

If there is one thing I wish I could give you, it would be for you to see yourself through my eyes. If you could feel the amount of love I have for you and to know how much I want you to be happy, I think you'd have an idea of how much you mean to me. You can do no wrong in my eyes and you are perfect just the way you are. You are intelligent, hilarious, and so easy to love. Everything you do amazes me. I'm confident that you will grow up to do great things and I can't wait to watch it all happen. I believe the world is yours and you just have to go out and take it. You can be and achieve anything you put your heart and mind to and trust me, I'll be there for you every step of the way cheering you on.

I'll always be here for you

As your godmother, I promise to be honest with you and motivate you throughout all of the phases in your life. I won't always tell you what you want to hear, but know that I'll tell you what you need to hear. I will always have open arms and a nonjudgmental ear for whenever you need to ease your mind. And yes, I will always be ready to hunt down anyone that offends you. Sorry, I envision that only getting worse with age. There is nothing you could ever do to make me love you less and there will never be a problem that we can't get through together. I'll never walk out of your life or make you feel replaceable. Friends will come and go, your heart will get broken, and you will make mistakes, but I will always have your back.

I love you more than any words could ever describe and I'm so blessed to call you my godchild.

Love Always,

Nanny