An Open Letter To My Future Husband

An Open Letter To My Future Husband

You are out there somewhere and here is a letter already thanking you for a future I dream we have together.

1044
An Open Letter To My Future Husband
The Huffington post

Dear wonderful husband,

I just want to first thank you for never leaving and making the biggest commitment to me. Thank you for reminding me daily how much you love me and I will hopefully never doubt it. You truly make me feel so worthy, beautiful, and like the luckiest woman on earth. I'm sure you already know the mess you married, but I pray that you find the beauty in all of it. I want you to know that you will never have to worry about me not loving you cause when I fall I fall hard and unconditionally. First of all, thank you for being such a spiritual leader and making sure our relationship always reflects Christ. I love watching your smile light up when you talk about your passions which usually links back to your love for the Lord. Your love for the Lord inspires me to be a better woman and grow in my walk with Christ. You will always be my rock and I can't believe I actually found someone I could truly rely on.

"But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God."

1 Corinthians 11:3

Most importantly thank you for letting me serve you, I know it sounds crazy, but it brings me so much joy. Letting me clean up after you, buy you stuff, and spoil you through my servants heart has been one of my greatest blessing of being with you. Thank you for knowing my heart for the lost and letting me have random people over at the house a lot because you know that it makes my heart so happy. I feel like you have found a passion for the lost also, or I have at least inspired you to watch my love for them and it brings a smile on your face. Thank you for knowing I freak out over a lot of things, but holding me accountable on not letting it get in my head and calling me out on my silliness when I need it.

I have been blessed that you are direct and never beat around the bush, because you are fully aware that I am literally the most oblivious person ever.It's amazing how our personalities just click and how much you have rubbed off on me to the point we finish each other sentences. We are such a weird couple, but oddly we work out so well through our love of Star Wars, history, and marvel movies. You bring out the fun side in me and I love spending my days with you. Traveling the world with you has always been my greatest adventure.

I literally can't believe how blessed I am to have you and all the men that broke my heart before was worth the wait for you. It's amazing to see how far we have come together and that we began as two random people pursuing the Lord that stumbled upon each other, and God plans for us were already mapped out before we even had our first relationship. I am so grateful to have finally found the man of my dreams it's just crazy to think how many countless hours I spent crying over Nicholas Sparks movies and our love story is better than those any day. I spent years praying for you and our future, but I never could have imagined it being like this and it was so worth the wait.You have always meet everything I had on my list I wanted for in my husband and so much more. I can't believe I convinced myself some days to give up on love because I realize now I would've missed out.

I know I am annoying and a pain to put up with, but thank you for fighting for me. Always letting me speak my mind is hard to do, but I can tell over the years you have learned that listening is a better skill in our relationship than speaking sometimes. Thank you for being vocal, though nothing is more annoying than pouring my heart and soul, but then getting the response of having no idea what to say. I always enjoy knowing the depths of your heart, Lord knows it has always been easier to get to mine, but I enjoy the digging to get to yours. Kind of random, but boy do I enjoy our passions for children, I know without a doubt I could not spend forever with a man who did not love watching random videos of cute babies and working with children at church. You are amazing and you got one great wife to overflow our amazingness, don't ever forget that! Lastly, I want to thank you for everything you do for me, I will always and forever love your goofy soul.

Sincerely,

Your Wife

Love is never easy,but several years from now when I am married to the man God has called me to be with I hope he corresponds to all things I desire in this letter for my future husband.