To My Future Daughter

To My Future Daughter

I will be your rock, just like my mom was for me.

16
To My Future Daughter
Media Cache

I have no idea who you are yet nor the wonderful human being you will become. One day I will be able to hold you in my arms and watch you grow and blossom into a beautiful and complex person and oh how I will love you, darling. I love you now even though you are not a part of my life yet. I hope I have a unique and non-generic name picked out for you! There are a few things I want you to know so you can grow up living and leading a life happy and just as beautiful as you.

Know your worth. You do not have to lower your standards to blend in with society. The world is pretty crazy today, I am terrified to see what life will be like when you start to grow up. You are the only one in control of your future, so you do you. Pursue what you want and live a life that you love and surround yourself with people who love you too. Don’t let someone’s negativity rule over you and surely never dwell on people who are not worth your time. Baby girl, you deserve better than that boy that has broken your heart. You deserve better than that friend that stabbed you in the back. Always remember that you don’t have to be bitter when people have done you wrong, in fact you can rise above it and learn a lesson and live a happy life. I wish I would have listened to my own mothers advise about this because she was completely right!

I want you to be a happy child, but I of all people know that sometimes things never go the way we had hoped, we’re let down, we’re left defenseless and depressed. If you ever find yourself crying at three in the morning wondering why he doesn’t love you anymore, know that I am here for you and I will comfort you. If you’re clueless about what direction to go in life, I will be here. I will be your shoulder to cry on and I will be your rock when times get tough, just like my mom was for me.

Most importantly: love yourself. You are beautiful no matter what anyone says. Whether you are a professional at applying makeup, unlike your mother, or whether you think your natural look will suffice as your everyday look, you are beautiful. Love yourself so that you can detect what people are worth your effort. Love yourself enough to know when to WALK AWAY from toxic people! Always know that you don’t have to cross oceans for people who wouldn’t cross a puddle for you.

I know that we will butt heads, we will bicker and sometimes feel unloved by one another, but I promise you, I love you. I love you so much already and you aren’t in my world yet! Just as my mom told me, there is nothing you can ever do to make me hate you. I may not always like what you do, but you can always bet on me to be there to support you.

Shout out to my mom and all she did for me! I know I always have her love and support to hold me up no matter what comes my way. I love you, mom. And to my future daughter: I love you too.