A Letter to My Future Daughter

To my Future Daughter,

You are coming into this world a little, beautiful, precious baby girl. You have the whole world ahead of you, to be whoever you want. I am so excited to share this journey right along side of you but first I have a few pieces of advice.

There will be times in your life where you feel hopeless. You might have failed your first test or you may have had your first heartbreak. Whatever it is you are amazing, you are loved and you are strong and it will pass.

Your dreams are never too small, If there is something you want to do then do it. Don't let anyone or anything come in the way of what you want to do with your life. Always try your best in everything you do because no matter how much you want to give up in one moment, it will always pay off.

High School is fun, but college is better. You will cry on your high school graduation day but you will cry harder on your college graduation (so I hear). Keep your high school friends close and know that you are going to meet some of your best friends in college.

Don't work yourself up if your high school relationship doesn't work out. As your grandfather says: "there is a lot of real estate in between now and when you settle down". You will get through it and the person you are meant to be with is out there.

Stay away from the gossip. No one likes the person who talks about other people. Stay humble, considerate of others and a happy positive person. Smile.

Don't take life too seriously. There is a time and place for it. Everything else, have fun but keep your whits about you.

Call your parents after you move out, we miss you :)

Go to church and say your prayers. It makes you feel better and God is always on your side rooting for you.

Stay that beautiful, innocent, precious little girl that came into this world many years ago. I can say, writing this as a 19 year old college freshman, that I have learned a lot and still have many things to learn. You are not alone and remember whatever you are going through, I have been there before.

Love,

Mom