An Open Letter To The Worriers

An Open Letter To The Worriers

This tunnel seems dark, but I promise there's a Light.

8
An Open Letter To The Worriers
Samantha Bridges and Avery Grace Shaw

My dear fellow worrier,

I worry. I worry about the future, past and present. I worry about school. I worry about money and how I'm ever going to afford life. I worry about succeeding in everything I do and making those I love proud. I worry about the unknown and the negative possibilities in life. I worry, and maybe you do too.

We have a massive need. That sinking feeling in our souls, those walls that keep building around us, the emptiness in our hearts, they’re all dark tunnels with only one way out. The only problem is, we can’t always see the light coming from the opening. We desperately need to find that light.

Worry, fear and doubt can consume everything about you. They’re like a disease, attacking you from the inside out, seeping in to all parts of your life. That’s when you start to sink, the walls build up, and the emptiness only gets darker. When the tunnel seems to only grow and the darkness surrounds you, realize that light is there, whether you see it or not. You only need to open your eyes.

1. You’re not alone in the tunnel.

The Light is there, whether you see it right now or not. Don’t get so bogged down in the darkness of the tunnel that you forget to seek the Light. The Lord is the Light of the world. Without Him, there is no light. He is the light of your life. Without Him, you drown in the darkness. He’s there through it all. Seek Him, and He’ll show you His light. His light will lead you to the opening of this dark tunnel. At that opening, you can finally live freely through Him.

2. Your victory has already been won.

God did not send His son to die on Calvary’s cross so that you could live a life enslaved to fear and anxiety. No, Jesus died so that you could be free. On that cross, He took on your sin, your shame, and the things of this world that leave you a prisoner. He bore that cross to pay the cost for you to be free. Walk in the victory He won for you. Thank Him for it, walking away from the things that entangled you before you accepted Him as your Savior. He has saved you from fear and worry.

3. There’s someone around you going through the same thing.

God has blessed us with brothers and sisters in Christ. We get to walk together, learn together and hold each other up. Odds are, your brother or sister around you is going through the exact same thing you are. They have the same worries, fears, doubts and anxieties. Don’t be afraid to be broken in front of your brothers and sisters. Using discernment, tell them your struggles. Who knows, they may be in the tunnel you’re in.

4. Take time to be silent in the darkness.

In all my time of worry and strife, I’ve learned one thing. God speaks in the quiet darkness. If you’re constantly moving all the time, you can’t hear His still small voice. Don’t be afraid to be alone. Don’t be afraid to be surrounded by silence. It’s in that silence that the Lord speaks.

5. Cry out to your Daddy.

Like a father on earth, your Heavenly Father will wrap His arms around you and hold you as His child. He wants you to cry out to Him. He wants you to tell Him your desires and your needs. Love Him and let Him love you. Stop bottling up all of your anxieties. Let it out. Lay it at the feet of your Father. Watch as He washes away your anxieties and picks you up to show you comfort that will never come from anything on this earth.

The tunnel isn’t as dark and lonely as you thought it was. There’s a light that will lead you, a friend to walk with you, and a hope that gives more comfort than you could imagine. Don’t lose faith. Keep seeking the Light, and you’ll find yourself out of the tunnel.