A Letter to My Dark Side

A Letter to My Dark Side

Understand the deepest parts of your mind.

571
A Letter to My Dark Side
Business Insider

A Letter to My Dark Side,

You are not loved. You are not wanted. You creep into the back door of my mind, when you know damn well you were not invited. You are the dark skies that creep over a day I was once looking forward to. You destroy my sunshine one ray at a time and you have no remorse. In fact, you'll do it time after time and there's only so much the sky can take before it falls.

I have bought every security system available, but you still manage to break in. I've thought every positive thought imaginable, but you destroy them all with your twisted logic. I used to think "I can and I will" and now it is corrupted with "I can't and I won't". You trap me in my empty bed when you know I can't stand to be alone. You are the heaviest weight I carry with me. Walking, talking, breathing seems impossible.

You are disgusting in every form, you rub your ugliness on me. I'm left to look in the mirror and see only you. I hate you, and you make me hate myself.

The worst part about you, is that you cannot be seen. You disguise yourself in dimly lit eyes, in my deepest breathes. You put on a face of sunshine to blind the world from all of your lies. Your favorite trick is a smile, locking my jaw still to hold the disguise.

But, every day you break me down, I come back again a little stronger. Every day you tear my heart to shreds, the pieces find each other a bit quicker. Every day your gravity traps me, I find myself feeling lighter. With every ounce of pain you pour into me, you reveal your kept away secrets. I am figuring you out, and one day I will never see this dark side again. It takes a certain amount of darkness to see the stars, and I found that shining exit and I'm on my way out.