An Open Letter To Justin Bieber

An Open Letter To Justin Bieber

It's not what you've got, it's what you use.

35
An Open Letter To Justin Bieber
YouTube

Justin,

I recently attended your Purpose World Tour, and it left me thinking a lot about life and what it takes to achieve our dreams. Not only the path to our dreams, but what we do once we get to the destination. After the opening acts, when 20,000+ people were chanting “Justin, Justin, Justin,” I found myself wondering if you still take a minute to sit back and listen to the sound of the crowd roaring your name. That noise must be the sound of a dream come true. How does that feel? Do you ever take it for granted? Your decision to cancel your “meet and greets” with your dedicated fans leaves me a bit stumbled. You say “it’s too exhausting to meet people,” but aren’t those fans a vital part of your dream come true? I don’t know you, nor do I know who or what influences your decisions, but I can’t help but assume you might be taking your dream for granted. With that being said, I’m a big fan of yours. My aim is not to criticize you, but to use you as an example, and maybe get you to open your eyes.

Think back to that little boy just singing for fun and generating some buzz on YouTube at the same time. I could only imagine how it felt to know all those people appreciated your music. It is such a blessing to know what your dreams are that early in life because the sooner you know, the sooner you can start the journey to making those dreams a reality. I admire you for the effort you put into making your dream come true. So many people are inspired by you and in awe of you, including myself. Do you still take the time to appreciate that? You could use that to make such an amazing difference in this world, and not many people have that power. Don’t get me wrong, it occurs to me that you may not want that power, maybe you just want a normal life. For lack of a better term, it must suck sometimes, not being able to go where you want or eat where you want without people flocking to you. However, you can choose to be affected by the world, or you can choose to affect the world. It’s OK to want some time to yourself, but also take the time to appreciate what is all around you. Because what do our dreams really mean if we can’t take a step back and see the beauty? It would be a shame to let your dream go by without taking advantage of every second. You were born with the ability to change someone’s life, don’t waste that.

And always remember, “Your art matters, it’s what got me here.”

With admiration and respect,

Sarah Bashlor