An Open Letter To My Sister

An Open Letter To The Most Inspiring Person I Know, My Older Sister

An ode to my driven, compassionate, and confident sister.

182
Autumn Robertson

To my dear sister Autumn,

I cannot imagine how I could have gotten through these crazy 18 years without you. You have been such a supportive, caring sister that has been there for me when no one else was and always knows how to put a smile on my face. There are so many things that I love about you but what I love most is your drive, your compassion for others, and how you stand up for everything you believe in. These qualities and so much more make you the person I hope to be like one day.

You have motivation like no one I have seen before and whenever you put your mind to something, no one can stand in your way.

You started an organization on campus that helps others and makes a huge difference in the campus community, you work with so many others, and you guide and collaborate with those that you work with. Seeing you being such a good, genuine leader intrigues me to follow in your footsteps and make a difference in my own way.

You have always put your friends and family as the main priority and I envy that about you. Whenever I need help with something, need advice, or simply just need something to do you are always there right by my side, helping me better myself and stay true to what is right. You reflect this on all people, generating love and kindness all around you.

You have made me feel nothing but loved for as long as I can remember and for that I am thankful.

Your favorite attribute of mine is that despite what others say, you stay true to what you believe in. You love things like meditation, feminism, veganism, and so many other things that people tend to turn their nose up to. Even when people (sometimes myself) make fun or criticize your ways of living, you simply explain how it benefits you personally and go on living the same way. You don't apologize for who you are and that's what I appreciate the most.

I am so thankful that I get to see you every day and be moved by your love and compassion. You inspire me every day and in the future, I hope to be as driven, compassionate, and confident in my beliefs as you are.