To My Role Model

To My Role Model

Thank you for making me the woman I am today
437

Hey Mama,

I'm sorry in advance for being sappy, and most likely causing you to cry while reading this, but this one is for you. As my sophomore year comes to an end, I've had time to reflect on my college experience and my life as a whole. All I can say is that I have no idea where I would be without you.

You are the light of my life, the one I can come to with any problem, and my hand to hold when I'm in need of comfort. I want you to know that there is no one in this world I aspire to be more like than you. Your selfless heart, extreme generosity, and kind soul are what make you the person you are, and I am so unbelievably thankful for you. I am not sure why the Lord chose you to be my mother, but I am so grateful he did.

From kindergarten days, you have been right behind me every step of the way. Musicals, soccer practices, horse shows, and school field trips would never have been as fun or gone as smoothly without you. I remember walking off stage at school or out of the show ring in Ocala always knowing that you would be there with the world's sweetest smile and biggest hug. You are forever my number one fan and I strive to be the best version of myself for you.

I've been able to grow up with a good sense of self-respect and love for myself thanks to you. You have taught me that it is okay to distance myself from people, hold tight to those who go above and beyond for me, and to be the best friend I can be. My work ethic and passion for life come from watching you be so involved with organizations while I was young. I admired your hard work and was able to experience first-hand how it paid off for you and those around you. You constantly push yourself to be better and grow as a person still to this day.

You have proven to me that there are things more important in this world than the materialistic society I have been exposed to. One of my favorite lessons has been to be kind to others and understand that so many people fight battles alone and behind closed doors. I tend to forget the struggles that people face and you're always there for a little reminder.

You have shown others patience in times that I might have become overwhelmed. You have placed other's worries upon your shoulders and carried them with such grace. You truly are the most gentle and loving person this world has ever known.

So, here's to you, Mom. You are the ultimate mother, best friend, and soulmate. And for all of my friends and family reading this, I know you can all agree that my superhuman of a mom deserves all of this praise and more. Thank you for providing for me and loving me throughout every up and down of life. I love you most.