A Letter to My High School Best Friend

A Letter to My High School Best Friend

High school was hard but you made it the best experience of my life

4
A Letter to My High School Best Friend

Dear Best Friend,

Wow. Honestly, that’s what comes to mind when I think of you. I didn’t meet you until I was almost finished with high school and you’re still one of my closest friends ever. I can’t ever express how thankful I am that I got to know you.

You’ve heard a lot of this before, because I’m super sentimental and emotional, but you’re about to hear a lot of it again. You changed my life and it was one of the best things to happen to me. You showed me how to love myself as a person, and to accept me the way that God created me.

I am so thankful for not only you, but your family as well. You guys are quite literally a second family to me, and I have never experienced that before. I’ve never had a friend whose grandma i refer to as “Mamaw” or who gets me gifts like I’m any other member of the family. I’ve never had a friend whose house I stayed at so often that I’m not even a guest anymore. I’ve never had a friend whose sisters I love like my own. And I’ve never had a friend that I would consider closer than my own family.

I’m so glad that we can be introverts, and that a good time can literally be running to Taco Bell and then watching Parks and Recreation. I’m glad that I can literally sit silently in your room and neither of us feel the urge to talk or fill the silence.

Thanks so much for putting up with me. I know that at times I get kinda hyper and won’t shut up, but that you for not judging me and letting me talk. Thank you for listening to me when I am emotional and just being there, even when I sound pretty crazy. Thank you for being a shoulder I can cry on, and for just loving on me when I needed it.

I appreciate the love you have for me, and nothing will ever change how much I care for you. Leaving for college sucked because I had to leave you, and I miss you every day. Every time I come back into town, I love getting to see you and I cherish it all, even when it’s not doing much at all.

I love you and can’t thank you enough for being my friend. I’m so excited to see what you’re going to accomplish and to watch your successes as you continue through high school. You are going to do great things and I can’t wait to see you kick ass in life.

Love,

Caleb