A Letter to God: This Road I’m On

A Letter to God: This Road I’m On

How’d I end up here? Where will it go? Is this road even the road I’m supposed to be on?

65
A Letter to God: This Road I’m On
Erika Flores

Hey,

It’s me, again.

This time, it's about this road that I’m walking on.

I'm frustrated... How’d I end up here? Where will it go? Is this road even the road I’m supposed to be on? I often fail to remember why I even stand on this road in the first place.

I guess this is why I’m writing this letter to you.This road I’ve walked on is so bumpy, and the number of potholes I have failed to avoid hit me with so much doubt. This feeling of uncertainty of where I'm supposed to be in life is so uncomfortable. I get it, life isn't easy but I strongly believe that you love me so much and that through these struggles I don't fall but grow from them.

I’m not going to be silly and ask you to help me pass some exam I didn’t study for. I'm not going to ask for a job offer to fall from the sky that miraculously comes with a great salary, a great community, and great benefits. I'm not going to bargain with you and tell you I'll go to church every single day if you do this for me. I also know better to ask you to speed things up.

Instead, I ask for patience. I want to wait for the right things to happen at the right time, but it could be so frustrating and a real hurt to my self-esteem when it feels like I’m waiting forever. I need the patience to be still and reflective during this period of my life. I know that everything will happen in your time.

I ask for courage. This road I’m walking on is harder than I thought, but the experience that comes from it is worthwhile.This is why I’m not going to ask you to make my struggles easier. Honestly, it would just be silly if I thought less of myself and that I couldn't handle it. You believe in me. You believe in my strengths and it’s a given that at the end of the day you just want me to be faithful to you no matter the circumstances of life. I need the courage to face these challenges head on and believe in myself the way you believe in me.

Please show me your loving affirmations and give me the grace to see them. I hope to be continuously encouraged to be able to follow this bumpy but beautiful road of life, one that is full of love, happiness, and peace.

Wherever this road leads me I’m glad that you are there with me at every turn.

Love,

Me