A Letter To A Friend Turned Acquaintance

Hello Stranger...
357

Dear Friend,

Or shall I call you an acquaintance? I don't know how this happened really. We don't talk anymore (not to quote the song). In today's society it doesn't take much to "keep in touch". If you want to count seeing social media updates then I think it's pretty easy to keep in touch. That bothers me though. I really love talking and actively participating in each other's lives. I have no hard feelings. I just miss you!

Well, I'll be honest. I still consider you a friend but I don't really know what's going on in your life. I could reach out. I really could. I'll be honest though...I'm not sure that you would really care. I realize that is a judgement call I am making on my own. Nonetheless I miss you! I miss talking to you every day. I also do not know if I would know the best way to contact you either. I'm left guessing at what you are up to. I'd like to update you on my life since I am not sure that you even know what I am doing with mine. I suppose we went our separate ways because school doesn't keep us together. Graduation also happened so that doesn't help. I really hate the saying "went our separate ways" because besides physically, I am pretty sure we still have things in common and I could talk to you for hours on end. It wouldn't even be awkward and as we all know, I am full of awkwardness. But anyway...

I can't help but think about the good times. They were far and few between because we didn't see each other all that much, but dang, I miss you! Distance separated us like distance does best! I only call you an acquaintance because I feel like I don't know you anymore, which is silly since you haven't changed. You haven't gone off the deep end or done a 180. I know if we had a conversation right now we could pick up where we left off, but that doesn't mean you don't feel like a stranger to me.

Well, just know I'm thinking about you. If you ever want to catch up, that's cool. I'm also praying for you...constantly. Lord knows we all need it. And I often look back on the memories we made and they are some of the best. SO thank you for those! Hope all is well!

Love,

Your Friend/ Acquaintance

...Whichever you prefer