An Open Letter To The Guy Who Broke My Heart

You never know where life will take you even after the hardest times, there is always room for change

473
Breanna Pardus

On August 5, 2015, I got asked to be the girlfriend of the man of my dreams. I thought it was the best thing to ever happen to me. For a year and a half, I spent most of the days with you and we made so many memories. I loved each and every moment that we spent together - although there were, of course, times where I wanted to strangle you. Overall, I had more fun times than ugly ones. I was hoping it was going to be a forever thing, but I guess all I can say is shit happens for a reason.

After spending 5 months without you, after both of us doing our own thing, after both of us seeking out a variety of other aspects of life, I decided why not. Finally, I had the urge to unblock you from social media sites because I've always hated holding grudges on people (except you know that one girl). Anyway, when I unblocked you I noticed DM's through Instagram and realized it was you and got a smile on my face when opening them. The messages simply were you asking how I was and just checking up on me, which you always seemed to do beforehand.(: It kind of hit me there and I realized, hey maybe I can be friends with this guy again. All that was going through my mind of course though was "don't get hurt, Breanna".

Now here we are today, sitting in my living room. I got to talk to your amazing family that will always have a special place in my heart. And we are continuing to make more and more happy memories and have more of those fun times. Even though you broke my heart Fernando Alejandro Barajas, I will always be there for you through thick and thin. I do believe in a second chances, and I do believe people change. So Fernando I just wanted to say, I do still love you and you are still my best friend.