An Open Letter To Donald Trump

An Open Letter To Donald Trump

This will be an interesting four years

14
An Open Letter To Donald Trump

Dear Donald Trump:

I really do not like you. I cannot believe people voted for you. You are the most arrogant, rude, and unqualified person for this position. And here we are in the month that you will be inaugurated as the President of the United States. Excuse my ineloquent words and pure distain, but I still do not know how we got here.

You know the saying, you need to be optimistic and see the glass half full and not as half empty. This glass feels half empty, actually it feels pretty damn empty. In these four years of your reign as President of the United States, I fear the worst will come from you. I have very few drops of optimism for this situation, but there is nothing I can do at this point.

You screamed radical and scary ideas to the masses about how you will build a wall and deport these people and those people. You preached to take us back to Nazi Germany and make Muslims wear identification patches. You do not care what bathroom people use, but your VP thinks electrotherapy will help pray the gay away. We face the possibility of people losing the right to marry the loves of their lives, losing the accessibility to health care, among many other things. You are a scary man, Donald, and I hope that you realize the true effect you could have. I hope you ran for President for the right reasons, and I hope that this is not a rich, white man looking for more power.

But! Yes, there is a but.

I am going to see this glass as half full. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt. I am only allowing you this privilege, because I know in my heart that one man cannot be so ignorant. One man cannot preach and hold this much hate within themselves. I believe that there is a chance that you are better than this. You are better than all your faults you displayed during your campaign.

I vow to keep my eyes on all news networks – even the ones you think are phony. I will research and I will pay attention to every move you make. You will not pass a policy, law, or anything without me knowing. I will be aware and I will keep myself educated on current politics. I hope that every move you make will benefit this whole country. I really hope you are a positive force in this negative world, and that you succeed.

I guess this is my chance to say thank you, Don. Thanks for helping make me a better citizen. Thanks for making me want to stay informed, and stop staying silent when I do not agree with something. Trump, you have empowered me to stay informed, be diligent, and fight for my own rand others rights. I vow to promote participation from others and that next primary we are not faced with the decision of voting for the lesser evil, because there was a low participating in the primaries.

While you try to “Make America Great Again”, I will support you hesitantly. Let me rephrase, I will support my country, my fellow citizens, and myself, to assure that no rights are impeded on.

Congratulations, Don. I wish you the best four years.

Love,

A person your choices could affect