A Letter To My Long Distance Best Friend

"Good friends are like stars: You don't always see them, but you know they're always there."

21
Courtney Gallagher

First of all, let me just say that it takes two very special people to make a long distance friendship work. Throughout our years of friendship, we have defied the odds of our friendship crumbling. Even though we make new friends through our jobs, classes, etc., we consistently stay together through thick and thin. There are approximately 422 miles between your apartment and my house, but somehow, someway, we make it work.

Thank you for always being there for me. You always know the right words to say when I feel like my life is falling apart. You are my go-to girl when I need advice. You are there to pick up the pieces when I fall, and if you can't pick up the pieces, you lay down beside me and listen to my problems. You're the person who always writes my text messages when I have no words when I need to have them, and the one who I know I can always confide in.

Thank you for always laughing with me and not at me. Throughout our friendship, we have sent hundreds of thousands of snapchats with the most unflattering faces, and plenty of hilarious, relatable photos that describe our lives to a T. Without those laughs, our friendship would be way less amusing, but it'd still be pretty great.

Thank you (oddly enough) for the months of when we got off track. We have had our fair share of fights and arguments and not speaking from time to time in the early stages of our friendship. If we didn't have those though, I don't think we'd be as close as we are right now.

Thank you for always picking up from right where we left off. We hardly see each other face to face, but when we do, we always have a heck of a time. From sleepovers to shopping to sporting events, life gets a little bit sweeter and a little bit easier when you come home.

Finally, thank you for being my person. Thank you for being the Meredith Grey to my Christina Yang, and the Monica to my Rachel. You're going to be my future maid of honor, and the godmother to my firstborn child. Throughout the trying times and the problems we have faced, there is no one who I would rather have than you as my best friend.

As I count my blessings, I thank God everyday that I have you in my life. Without you, I wouldn't be as strong, as happy, and as loving as I am. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you, best friend. I love you more than puppies, Kate Spade, and Cheetos.