A Letter To Bill O'Reilly From Your "Snowflake" Friend

While you Mr. O’Reilly might be tired of us snowflakes, I am tired of you old schoolers.

36
Deadline

Dear Bill O’Reilly,

I currently work at a bookstore, to where I am put in a position of walking by your books at least twenty times a day. There was a time where I didn’t know who you were or were your views stood, and I wish so badly that I could go back to that time. Because Mr. O’Reilly you have offended me, and not just me but all of my fellow “snowflakes”. If you are viewing this letter as a third party other than Mr. O’Reilly or myself, then let me fill you in on the whole snowflake idea.

In Mr. O’Reilly’s new book “Old School” he refers to a group of weak unintelligent individuals as “snowflakes”. Now who falls into the “snowflake” category is where things get really interesting, because he defines the group in such a vague manner that it seems as though every specimen on this planet besides Mr. O’Reilly himself would fall into it.

If you wear anything besides a suit (even to bed) then you are a snowflake.

If you are younger than 100, then you are a snowflake.

If you show any emotions while in public, then you are a snowflake.

If you want the same human rights that everyone else has, then you are most definitely a snowflake.

And if any of those statements apply to you, then I am terribly sorry to inform you that you are a snowflake. While I talk with an incredible sense of perhaps nothing but sarcasm, Mr. O’Reilly defines the identity of a “snowflake” so broadly that the identity itself has seemed to lose its meaning. What was once a definition of a snowflake, has now turned into a broad generalization encompassing basically anything new.

And while Mr. O’Reilly I respect your right to hold your own opinions, I respect nothing about your justifications. You see the issue that I have with the “old school ways” is that people use the fact that they are “old school” to justify the hateful ways that they treat others. To say extremely inconsiderate awful things and then to justify it with having an old school mindset, is not a legitimate justification. In fact, it’s not a justification at all, just a shitty excuse for why you’re not a better human being.

While you Mr. O’Reilly might be tired of us snowflakes, I am tired of you old schoolers. I am tired of hearing about how much you miss the old days because we can never go back, and never should. You aren’t satisfied with the way that things have progressed, yet don’t take into consideration that things change for a reason. And that if something has changed, it is because people weren’t satisfied with the way that things were. If you old schoolers hadn’t treated people like they were the mountain of garbage laying on the curbs of New York City, then maybe things wouldn’t be all that different nowadays. Anything that is different now, can be traced back to a time of mistreatment in your day. And I think that you old schoolers often forget that.

Your book “Old School” is less about your hate of liberals, and more of a rant about everything that deals with progress. And your definition of “snowflakes” is nothing more than a generalization raging with stereotypes about millenniums. If we as a human race have learned anything during our time on this planet, it is that stereotypes don’t apply to all and are usually an exaggeration of those to whom it does apply.

Also terribly sorry to hear about the job, but I am sure that there is a seat waiting for you at any white extremist organization!

Best of luck,

Your snowflake friend.