To The Amazing Toni Morrison, Thank You

To The Amazing Toni Morrison, Thank You For Leading The Path For Upcoming Writers

You gave an authentic posture by writing your truth.

16
Wikimedia

To the late and great Toni Morrison,

You once said, "If you want to fly, you have to give up the things that weigh you down." I truly believe that you have to give up all the flaws to become the person you were in this generation.

You wrote shared who you were in all your books. You taught us to overcome your obstacles, regardless of the circumstances. "Beloved," "The Bluest Eye," "Jazz," and so many more books have revealed. You taught us to handle our situations with grace and beauty, and the power within her words of wisdom.

Ms. Morrison, thank you for bringing the best out of black girls everywhere. You once said, "The function of freedom is to free someone else." When it comes to black girls, our function of freedom comes from uplifting each other.

By celebrating our history, and bringing out what we are meant to be. You taught us that we are more than what people say about us. We are more than just an outcast. In your book "Beloved," you once said, "Beloved, you are my sister, you are my daughter, you are my face; you are me."

You taught us to spread nothing but love to the following generations, so that the generations can pass on the wisdom, and that the world has the opportunity to become a better place.

Ms. Morrison, I can't imagine what you've been through in your life. What I do know, is that you've seen circumstances and you dominated them with your word. You dropped your beauty with books.

And when I read your books, I wanted to meet you so badly. I wanted to connect with you and discuss past issues, present days, and future goals. I wanted to know your purpose of being you and living life.

There are so many questions I want to ask, but now that your gone, I can't ask without dropping a tear from my eye.

Your death gave an impact not only on the writing world. It gave an impact to upcoming writers, black girls, aspiring people, and even myself. When you died, my world stopped for one minute. My world felt empty because I thought I had no one to look up to now. Then I realized, I still do.

Maya Angelou. James Baldwin. Langston Hughes. These amazing writers gave me the pathway to grow.

Now, you are a part of the list of writers who've inspired me to be better. If there is something all of you taught me, its that writing should be from a passion within you. Not because of the satisfaction of what other people will of what people will think of my work.

Now that you are in writing heaven, I hope all of you are writing the biggest masterpiece for God, and I know he will be very impressed.

I can't say that I won't miss you. But I will say that I will move forward to strive to become a writer just like you..

Toni Morrison: A writer. A black woman. A piece of history that will remain in our hearts forever.