A Letter To The Boy Who Has My Heart

A Letter To The Boy Who Has My Heart

I Love You Forever and Ever, Amen.

221
A Letter To The Boy Who Has My Heart

You fill my everyday thoughts.

For all the songs, places, foods that were once meaningless, are now a constant reminder of you. It's difficult for me to go hours or even ten minutes without talking to you. Some people would say I'm obsessed; others would say I'm just in love. I've never been so captivated by another human. I'm drawn to you like a nail is to a magnet. But I'm scared.

When you first told me you loved me I told you that love was a strong word. I know that's probably not the answer that you wanted to hear. But I was so scared. Love has always been an untouched territory for me. I always had my guard up because I didn't want to get too attached to you. But it was too late. And by our second date I was already falling for you. I tried my hardest to read you, but you were so difficult to figure out. You were so different from everyone else. I was intrigued by the way you talked to me and the way you treated me. I've never been with anyone who has cared so much about me, and I've never cared so much about another person till I met you.

But then you said you were transferring to school in Texas. I was crushed, but I tried to play it cool. I even had a mini conversation with myself on that bridge about not getting my hopes up. "See Sophia, this is why you shouldn't get attached so quickly. You guys will never amount to anything. He's leaving Boston, and that means he's leaving you too." I couldn't help myself. I loved being with you. And even after you told me you were transferring I still continued to hang out with you. I felt a connection towards you. Hours would go by, and it would feel like minutes. You changed my nights that would have been filled with loneliness, sadness and boredom to nights with genuine happiness and excitement. A smile lit my face when you'd ask me to hang out with you. I don't think you truly know how happy you make me. There is no way I could ever repay you for that.

The more we talked and hung out the more I liked you. I didn't say I love you back because I was scared of my own feelings. But I know how I feel about you now. And with every passing day I've fallen even more in love with you.

And when I look back on my nineteen years of life I realize my life would be empty without you. You've brought me so much happiness, and I could never let you go. It fascinates me when I think about how you could have never asked me out and we wouldn't be in the position we are in right now. That was hands down the happiest moment of my life, and I'm so glad you did.

I love you for all the happiness that you have brought me and that you continue to bring me (even if you're thousands of miles away. I love you for always being by my side and supporting me. I want to thank you for always being my number one fan. Thank you for treating me like a princess. Thank you for always being open and honest about your feelings. Thanks for being the best boyfriend a girl could ask for.

I know you'll be reading this, and I just wanted to tell you that I'm not giving up on us no matter how hard it gets. You're more than worth it.