How To Convince Your Parents To Get A Dog
popular

A Letter That May Convince Your Parents To Get A Dog

May the odds be ever in your favor.

80543

Dear Mom and Dad,

First off, I just want to say that thank you. Thank you for giving me everything I ever needed, wanted, asked for, and desired. Thank you for giving me an amazing childhood and working so hard in order to let me have a wonderful life and pick the college of my choosing. Thank you for loving me unconditionally, supporting me, and always being there for me. You both truly are the greatest, but there has always been one thing I have wanted -- something I have asked for many times but to no avail. I think now is a perfect time to bring up the matter because I am older and you guys need a new friend to keep you company on those long months when I am away. I would like to bring up the discussion of getting a dog once again. Maybe you will huff in frustration due to my constant nagging on the subject or smile at my determination or simply ignore this subject completely.

But I still would like to bring up this subject because I think a dog could benefit the whole family. I am going to take a big breath and discuss all of the benefits that a dog would bring to our loving family.

To begin, getting a dog would mean adding an extra friend to our family. Getting a dog would mean always having a friendly, furry, furiously-wagging tailed friend smile at you every time you walk in the house. The joy and excitement that our dog will show you every time you come home from a long day's work will help you guys relax and be excited to spend the rest of the day with your furry friend.

The love our dog will have for you two will be infinite, and since I am away at college and you are unable to be surrounded by my sunshine every hour of the day, what better way to receive your daily dose of sun and happiness than through the purchasing of a dog as an exciting addition to our family?

Second, a dog is an amazing motivator for exercise. Mom, I know you love to stay healthy and exercise. You know I have done my research on dogs best suited as running partners. Instead of taking those long runs alone, you will have the opportunity to take an amazing companion along with you. If you get tired, no worries! Our dog will push you and motivate you until you reach your exercise goals!

Dad, you'll be able to walk around the city and enjoy the sights and beautiful environment around you while being accompanied by an amazing friend. Our dog will allow you to enjoy nice long walks, and as an added bonus you get the luxury of playing cool activities such as frisbee and catch with our new furry family member. Our dog will keep you both outside and loving the city! You will never be bored because there are endless outdoor activities that can be done with our new furry friend.

Third, you will always have a friend around. I know you guys are both so busy and hardworking that it can be difficult to find time to have fun and go out to eat with friends or simply spend time with people you care about. If you had a rough week, are in need of comfort, or just want someone to listen to your thoughts and feelings, getting a dog is the way to go! Our dog will always greet you with a smile, be willing to listen to your thoughts, worries, and feelings as well as be your cuddle buddy in times of need. Instead of driving an hour to grab lunch with an old buddy you can simply head to the pantry, grab some food for our new furry family member, and spend your time with a friend who will always make time for you and love you no matter what.

Fourth, getting a dog will bring an extra dose of happiness to our already happy family. We are a very tight-knit bunch but I know my siblings and I agree that having that extra dose of sunshine will really bring a lot of extra joy and excitement into our household. Getting a dog would encourage us to exercise more, take responsibility for someone other than ourselves, and will help us learn to be more selfless and caring because we will be responsible for making sure our new furry friend is always safe, happy, and loved.

Finally, I just want to say I understand if after reading this you still don't want one, but I want to thank you for taking the time to read it. I thought I could give this issue one last shot because I can assure you that all of us would take care of the dog and put our heart and soul into making sure our dog is loved. When I am home, I pinky promise to do all of the chores that some dog owners don't like such as bathing them, clipping their nails, cleaning up all of their fur, and picking up their droppings on our joyful walks together. I will always greet our dog with a smile and make sure that our dog is always happy and loved every single moment of the day.

A dog will bring more excitement and life into all of us and I know getting a dog would be completely worth it. There is not one person I know who doesn't love having a dog, and I am positive any dog would love to be a part of our family. For now that is all I really have to say, I hope that this article has helped opened your eyes just a teeny bit more on the amazing benefits of having a new furry family member. If it hasn't, I am glad I gave it a shot, and hopefully this article has helped other children convince their parents to purchase a dog. And thank you again for being such wonderful parents; you both truly are the greatest.