A Letter To My Sorority Family As I Prepare To Disaffiliate

This is not goodbye, this is see you later.

1273
Tal Oren

During the two years that I've been a part of this incredible organization, I've learned so much about myself and about life. Because of my supportive sisters, I've learned that I can do anything I set my mind to. They challenge me and encourage me to be the best version of myself that I didn't know was inside me, but they did. I have no idea where I would be today if I didn't go through sorority recruitment. Because of my amazing Greek life experience, I made the decision to become a Pi Chi (also known as Rho Chi, Rho Gamm, or Gamma Chi).

I want to help potential new members find their home and the place that will encourage them to grow and become incredible, influential women. But with that decision comes the dreaded word, disaffiliation. For two months I cannot tell people about the amazing sorority I am a part of. I strip that identity away from me, put on new letters, and surround myself with new sisters. For an entire month I cannot speak to my sorority sisters. That's the hardest part.

To my little,

I'm sorry I won't be there for your first recruitment. I'm sorry I won't be there for you to gush over your rush crush. I'm sorry I won't be there to cry with you on pref. I'm sorry I won't be there to watch you make these girls fall in love with our letters. But I have so much faith in you and I know you are going to blow these girls away. I can't wait to come back after bid day and hear all about the crazy stories that happened during recruitment and about the experiences that made you fall in love with our letters all over again. I can't wait to meet the amazing girls you recruited to be our sisters. Never forget how important and loved you are! You are so powerful and strong and are absolutely gonna crush recruitment.

To my big,

Where do I begin? You are an incredible person. You can literally talk to anyone, you could recruit a brick wall to join our sorority. Thank you for making me fall in love with our letters. I know don't know anyone else that could've dealt with my millions of questions during recruitment last year and you helped me through it all. I wish I was there to watch you recruit one last time. I want to be in that room and watch you do your thing one last time. I wish I was there to hear your senior pref story and cry with you one last time. But you are so confident and independent, I know that you are going to be just fine.

I have no doubt that these girls are going to be blown away with you and you're going recruit amazing girls in our newest pledge class. I hope you guys have the most amazing experience, share the best laughs, and create incredible memories that will last a lifetime. I so wish I could be there, but I am so excited for this new adventure of mine. Have fun, but don't forget about me! I'll be back soon enough. I love you with all my heart and I will see you on the other side.

XOXO

Your favorite Pi Chi