A Letter To My Sister's Boyfriend

A Letter To My Sister's Boyfriend

We got lucky when she chose us to share her life with her.

975
A Letter To My Sister's Boyfriend
Tyler Robert Hughes

To The Boy,

First, I hope you know how lucky you are that she chose you to be her partner. I know I’m lucky that she chose me. She’s one of the best, most beautiful people I’ve met both inside and out. I was lucky enough to grow up with her, and you’re lucky enough to build a life with her. But remember I’m not going anywhere. She was mine first but I’ll share.

Of course I can’t deny her outer beauty is stunning, but her inner beauty is astonishing. She’s intelligent and compassionate and kind of a mess sometimes, but she’s the best mess in the world. She’s determined to make the best life for herself and her loved ones. She knows what she wants out of life and she won’t settle for less. She’s a light when life gets dark and I know you see that too.

We got very lucky to share her life with her. But I hope you know that she’s lucky too. She’s found someone who loves her almost as much as I do. (Sorry, man, I couldn’t let you have that one.) Through all the things you two have been through together, you’ve been understanding and supportive. She knows she can trust you to have her back no matter what. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for loving her so much and being the type of man she deserves.

Love Always,

A Thankful Older Sister

P.S. This doesn’t mean I will stop aggravating you.