A Letter To My Sister On Her Graduation Day

This is only the beginning.
17025

Dear Sister,

You did it. You made it through college alive. Although these are said to be the "best four years of your life," I have no doubt in my mind that you will have a lifetime full of amazing years. I'm so proud of you, your accomplishments, and how you've always managed to do everything with a smile on your face and kindness in your heart.

You possess more heart than anyone I've ever known and I know that will take you far. New beginnings can be scary. The unknown intimidates us, but that's precisely what pushes you to grow. I've watched you grow as a person these past few years and you have blossomed into quite the young lady. Any company, man, dog, plant ... basically anything would be lucky to have you.

I know it can be hard to get over the feeling that everything is ending. Within these last few months, the word graduation has often been met by seniors with a cringe or a tear in their eye. You go from being in your favorite clubs and seeing familiar faces every day to relying on social media and FaceTime to stay in touch. But in those moments of sadness when you are mourning the "death" of your college career, just think back on how blessed you are to have had such wonderful things and people brought into your life that make you so sad to be without them. Memories are forever.

You've had your ups and you've had your downs. What amazes me is no matter what the situation, you handle it with maturity and grace. That's just what makes you ... you. If you're ever feeling lost, just remember that you have a whole family that adores you. We're your biggest supporters and will always be here to pick you up when you're feeling low.

No matter where life takes you. I've always got your back homie. Go make me proud(er than I already am)!

Love,

Your Biggest Fan