A Letter To The Single and The Lonely

A Letter To The Single and The Lonely

I know that being lonely sucks and I want to reach a little.

311
A Letter To The Single and The Lonely
static1

My fellow Singles,

I know, maybe you're over being single. I am. I know that it sucks when you are surrounded by people who are getting into relationships, getting engaged and getting married. Trust me, I know. I understand the pain and the loneliness that strikes your heart. I know that after scrolling through thousands of cute couple pictures on pinterest can make your heart long for that love. I further know that no amount cute little single quotes can make being single sound like fun. Just trust me on this one, I know.

I'm not going to try to use my singleness to try to make anyone feel better. I really can't because I'm so ashamed of my own singleness. I can tell you what I'm learning. Something I'm trying to learn is what being single means...or doesn't mean. It doesn't mean lonely. it doesn't mean ugly and in doesn't mean unworthy. It means that heart and my future husband's heart aren't ready for each other yet. But I try to believe with all my heart that there is some one out there for me. But just because that I'm single right now does not mean that I'm not worthy of a husband or that I'm not pretty. And that goes for all of you who are single. You are not unworthy because of your singleness. You are worthy even in being single. I know it must feel like you are destined for life time of loneliness, you are not alone. There are people who love you and who care for you. I know it's hard to see...but they do exist, I promise.

I know some of this might not make sense. And some of it might not be comforting, and it's okay. People tell me that I'm still young and that relationships aren't easy. Both are true, and maybe one or both are true for you. But it is not easy to hear. All you can see is those around you that seem to be falling more and more into love while you're losing opportunity after opportunity to hang out with others, and find love of your own. I can't lose hope even when I feel all alone and that I might be single forever. I'm begging all of y'all to not lose hope either.

So I know that maybe you don't understand why you're single. or maybe you don't get why everyone is so in love with they're significant other. I don't really understand it either. I don't really have anything to make it better because I haven't heard anything or found anything to dull the loneliness. Loneliness is something that will cling to your heart and I have yet to find something to push her away. I pray hope you all struggling will figure it out. For now, understand that single doesn't mean lonely, single doesn't me ugly and single does not mean unworthy. You are worthy of love and a life partner. And you are beautiful.

Love,

A fellow single.