A Letter To The Remnant Of The Church

A Letter To The Remnant Of The Church

Where our allegiance lies in this hour

9
A Letter To The Remnant Of The Church
Slate

Dear Remnant of the church,

Let me begin with some Bible verses, so that we can understand who exactly I am addressing at this time:

"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 13:35

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit.A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit.Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.Thus you will recognize them by their fruits. Matthew 7:15-20

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

"But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6

"But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together.And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. 'Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?' And he said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.This is the great and first commandment.And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.'" Matthew 22:34-40

I will not interpret these verses for you. Rather, I will let the Word of God speak for itself. I want the remnant to watch for the things I will list below with a lot of care during this critical time. These are things the Lord is teaching me to live out myself, and I think I should share them with the rest of my family in Christ.

Keep your eyes on heaven

Do not look at what is happening in the nation and be swayed. Do not be swayed either way. Do not compromise. Pledge allegiance to the Kingdom of Heaven, not to earthly kingdom and ideologies. Do not look to prophets, pastors, leaders or peers for the answers. Look to God. Look to the Kingdom of Heaven. Looking for answers from others is how we can be deceived and swayed.

Keep your heart humble

Do not become proud in your own eyes. Do not be moved by groups of people. The truth is, God can use ANYBODY and ANYTHING. Can God use Donald Trump? Yes, he can. But, am I going to say that the Lord is using him at the moment? That He is a Christian? No, I will not say that. I have not seen an example of it, and I will only believe He is a Christian when he publicly repents and apologizes to America. I believe that if your sin has been public, your repentance needs to be public as well.

But let me be honest about my own heart for a minute and talk about why I am admonishing you to keep your heart humble. Initially, I was very neutral. I kept my eyes on the Lord and was overcome with love by both the hurting America and the America that rejoiced. But then, I saw some proud people. I saw people who were incredibly insensitive to a hurting America. And that made me mad.

I am a protective lioness, so I do not have any tolerance for people who take advantage of or bully others. But then, I became mad at Donald Trump. It took some time with Jesus to realize that if Donald Trump was not in this position, I really would not care for him. He is not the problem. The problem is the things he represents. The truth is, I don’t hate Donald Trump any more than any other unbeliever who has said some really ignorant things. Sinners will sin. I cannot expect more from him. So, I am not mad at him. I am mad at the devil for using him. I am mad at the distress the enemy has brought to our nation. I had to learn to keep my eyes off of the earthly matters and understand that Donald Trump is only a man. I am also called to love him and pray for him. I choose to do that. He is not my enemy.

Comfort the people from a heavenly mindset

This is not a time to pledge allegiance to ideas or say who is right and who is wrong. This is not a time to take positions. The only position we are to take is the position of heaven. Heaven tells me to pray. Heaven tells me to worship. Heaven tells me to comfort the mourning. Heaven tells me to be the hands and feet of Jesus, to keep my eyes on heaven and help those who are in need. Comfort the afflicted. But, you cannot comfort the afflicted if you are in the same position as the afflicted. You cannot give hope if you are hopeless yourself. You need to comfort the people from a place of power in heaven, from a place of the heavenly authority and victory. You need to speak victory over those who mourn. You need to speak joy into the sadness. It is a GREAT time for the Spirit of the Lord to bring revival. This is the opportune time for unity of the remnant to arise.

Love those you disagree with

This may be the most difficult thing to do, but it is what the Lord has called me to do. There are many things I disagree with people about. In fact, there is not one person on this earth with whom I agree 100% with. I still love them. I am called to love them. Do you have a right to get mad? Yes, you do. Do you have a right to be sad and grieve during this time? MOST DEFINITELY. But, are you going to stay there? No dear, you cannot. You need to grieve with the Lord and let him take you higher. The higher place is a place of love, mercy and self-control. I cannot help but look up to Jesus hanging on that cross. He didn't hide his feelings. He didn't pretend it didn't hurt. He asked the Father why He had forsaken him, but when he looked at those crucifying him, He didn't send fire and brimstone upon them even though he could have. He asked the father to forgive them because they did not know what they were doing.

Could it be possible that people just don't know what they are doing? I am not talking about the openly racist, misogynistic and xenophobic people. I am talking about people who really just don't know. They don't know or understand how much it hurts. They don't know or understand why it hurts. Let's love on them. Let's have peaceful and loving conversations. Let's repent and ask forgiveness from each other and from God. We cannot let our pride get in the way of loving one another.

I am not asking you to get over any emotions. I have them too. I grieve this election terribly. When I am done with my grieving, God calls me to a higher position. The enemy wants me to stay in my grieving because he doesn't want me to love anybody. He actually wants me to be unforgiving, prideful and divisive. But, God wants us to be honest, transparent, loving, repentant and united people.

Dear remnant, let's remember we are in this world but not of it. Let's fight our battles on our knees. The matters of the kingdom are so much more important than the matters of this earth. In the end, everything that can be shaken will be shaken. What will be left is the unshakable everlasting kingdom with the unshakable everlasting people. In the end, a perfect King will reign with a spotless Bride. Let's be that Bride.

Sincerely,

A minuscule part of the body