A Letter Of Inspiration

A Letter Of Inspiration

Your life has meaning, and you have a purpose.

8159
A Letter Of Inspiration

Sometimes we find ourselves wondering what our purpose is in this lifetime. Sometimes we may feel like we have no purpose at all simply because we just haven’t discovered it yet. It can be frustrating and make you just want to fast forward to find out what that purpose is. But that’s too easy, right? It’s meant to be a journey that is full of lessons, and happiness, and sadness, and love, and tragedy. That’s life.

Here’s the deal, though, you should strive to make your life a happy journey, a happy adventure. I know, of course, that that may seem a little tough and nearly impossible at times, but if you constantly tell yourself that your life is terrible just because you haven’t figured it out yet, you’re never going to be happy. Happiness is hard to find if you refuse to take the chance to look for it.

This life that you’ve been given is a gift. Cherish it. Embrace it. Find yourself because you do have a purpose whether it be a teacher, a writer, a musician, a surgeon, a therapist, an artist, whatever you choose. And never let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do because who are they to dictate your life? Your purpose in this life is different from anyone else’s, and everybody’s paths are different. That’s what makes you such a unique human being. Follow your own path, your own journey.

I think a major part of life is searching for who we want to be, what we want to do. I kind of feel like college puts that pressure on us because we have to decide what we want to do for the rest of our lives. But if you don’t know what you want to do, then that’s okay. Don’t make a hasty decision because you think you have to have your entire life figured out right now. You don’t. Sooner or later you will find what you want to do, but you will not find it without trying out and discovering new adventures and new opportunities.

Let yourself take chances. Let yourself take risks. You’re going to make mistakes no matter what; they aren’t avoidable, but learn from them. Let yourself live. Let yourself be free. Don’t hold back from anything because you’re afraid of failure or disappointing someone. The only person that you have to make happy is yourself, so go find that happiness. Discover your purpose. Make friends along the way. Build each other up. Spread optimism.

Love yourself. Love who you are. Love everyone. Find who you want to be and hold on to the things that make you happy, and cherish life’s lessons along the way.

“When I discover who I am, I’ll be free.” –Ralph Ellison

“Imitation is suicide.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with success unexpected in common hours.” –Henry David Thoreau