A Letter To My Not-So-Little Cousins

A Letter To My Not-So-Little Cousins

We basically grew up together
126

Dear Trenton & Oliver,

I am writing you both this letter so you know more about me as a person and so hopefully I can learn more about you as individuals. I grew up with you and it is so hard to believe that you are both almost my height! I am going to split this letter into two parts so each of you get a snippet of me and what I want to say.

Trenton:

We basically grew up together; you were born when I was 8 years old. Watching you as a baby grow up to the handsome young man you are right now is so incredible! You are actually taller than me and most of my friends! I am so happy that you are growing up alongside with me; it isn’t easy being in school still. We may not be on the same level of schooling, but I promise everything in life and school gets much better. You will love high school and college so much, I promise. Enjoy being young though, because as a 20 year old, I sure do miss my younger years. Do not be afraid to take chances; do not be afraid of being your true self. You are very bright and I know you will do great things!

Oliver:

We also grew up together, but in a different way. Watching you grow up was also a blessing. Looking at you as a baby, I always wondered what you would be like when you got older. Now that you are much older, I am only more impressed by what you are accomplishing. Keep doing what you love, keep doing stuff that makes you genuinely happy. I am so excited to hear more about what you are doing and going. Like I said before, do not be afraid of taking chances and being your true self. Also, Happy Birthday!

Little bit about me:

I am 20 and I go to St. Thomas Aquinas College in NY! I love hanging out with my friends, reading, writing, and am even thinking about writing a book. I have learned over my lifetime that I may not accomplish all my dreams but I can accomplish the ones I work for. I learned over time that friends change and new ones are made. It is interesting knowing that some of you were interested in music because in high school I played the flute and did color guard. I was (unfortunately) not a fan of running but always commend the people who even participate in races! I am excited to see you guys as soon!

For both of you guys:

You boys are both so strong mentally and physically. I am so excited to see what you both grow up to be, I am always a phone call away if you ever want to chat with me. I am so happy and proud of your accomplishments (I can see them on Instagram). I hope our bonds as cousins get nothing but stronger over time. I think of you guys all the time. I hope you both do not forget how much I really do love and care for you both. Excited to see you guys over the holidays

Sincerely,

Your cousin and older sister xoxo