A Letter To Myself 10 Years From Now

A Letter To Myself 10 Years From Now

Embrace the journey that is life

13403
A Letter To Myself 10 Years From Now
Arleth Pamela Uranga

Dear future self,

We have so many passions, dreams, and aspirations that I can only hope you haven't given up on yet. Luckily, we've got a great support system of family and friends that push us to be the best we can be and won't let us settle for anything else than our purpose.

They can't do it alone though. We have to fix our eyes on the goal but also enjoy the journey that is life; we have to keep motivated and strong in what we have in our hearts. I have made a list of things that I would like to achieve when I am 31 and I want you to work on them every day, week, month, and year. Yes, we have had a life plan since we were 17, but I have learned one thing since then: life doesn't go as planned.

Rather than making this a materialistic and goal centered list, it will serve as a guideline on who will we become as a person. I can't wait to see what we will learn together.

In ten years you will be thirty-one:

You will have aged, but also gained so much wisdom.

You will be pursuing your deepest passion and feel so fulfilled.

You will pursue justice and give a voice to those who may not have one.

You will be grateful for everyone who stayed in your life because they truly love you.

You will be this amazing person that has flaws and you need to accept that.

You will have the humility to accept whatever life throws at you.

You will most likely not follow your life plan, but whatever you choose will be what you desire.

You will be unafraid of taking risks that help you grow as a person.

You will value memories over materialistic things.

You will accept yourself for who you are daily.

You will experience strong and difficult emotions, but you will be stronger if you lean on those around you.

You will rise up in spite of the things around you.

What you will not be at thirty-one:

You will not be defeated by tough days.

You will not let your dreams die because they are what make you unique.

You will not let others tell you how to live your life.

You will not compromise your morals and values to match anyone else's.

You will not be afraid of new challenges and let your comfort dictate your decisions.

You will not lose focus on what you have always dreamed of because it is "too hard." Remember, if it is worth it, it won't be easy.

You will not let people put you down because of your race, gender, or even age. If you are there, then you have the qualifications to be there, don't let someone else's insecurities become your own.

You will not allow yourself to become a failure because you were not meant to live a mediocre life.