A Letter To The Hard Working Girl In College

An Open Letter To The Hardworking Girl In College

I can tell you honestly, that I look up to you.

63

To the hardworking girl in college,

I see the sleepiness in your eyes as easily as I see the weariness in your heart. I feel how hard it is for you to get up every morning knowing that you have school and work right after.

When I look at you, I see someone that's determined to succeed. I see a girl who wants to change the world, and I really hope that you will. This right here is me telling you that I believe in you. You work and love harder than anyone else I know.

While the long days can get you down and wear you out, you never stop looking for a challenge. To give up just isn't in your nature.

You're coming up, and the world isn't ready for how amazing you are.

When I look at you, I see someone who had to work for every single penny they have and forge their own way without the help that so many other people our age get. You are making your own path. Day after day, you inspire me to be the best me that I can be because anything less is unacceptable.

I watch you push yourself and take on more assignments than you know you should, and never once do you give up. At this point, I'm convinced it's just not in your DNA.

You're a different breed, Your cells are made up of dedication, perseverance, and pure grit. They don't make them like you anymore.

If I could tell you anything, it would be to never stop.

All of the work you're doing is to get closer to your goal. I can see how badly you want it. So just know that I will always be by your side, looking up to the hardworking girl that pushes me to be my best self.

I see the work you put into everything you do. I see you. I see your flaws and moments of weakness. I see your strength and your passion.

Do not ever let anyone turn you off of this path. You're headed for great things. I hope that when you change the world one day, you look back and see yourself through the eyes I see you through now.

To the hardworking girl who's doing her best right now, it's going to work out. I have all of the faith in the world in you.