A Letter To My Grandparents

A Letter To My Grandparents

Thank you for everything.

122
A Letter To My Grandparents
Google

A Letter To My Grandparents

Every day I am thankful for becoming older so I can be wiser than I already am, but I seem to forget that every day you all are getting older too...which I don't want to happen.

Most days, I sit back laughing about memories and stories that I will be telling my grandchildren that happened when I was with you guys. The majority of the time, I sit back and continue to thank God for allowing you to spend more days with us as your grandchildren. I would not have a clue what I would do without you. God knew exactly what he was doing when he placed you all into my life as I am very fortunate to have more than four grandparents who love me unconditionally.

I'll be telling my children that when I started driving, I had to stick out my left foot out of the window because I used both feet for driving, thanks to Papa Card.

I'll be telling my children that I melted grandma's table cloth because I didn't think that the brownie pan would be that hot from coming out of the oven. I also will be telling them that I didn't want to take the blame so Daddy did, all thanks to my Grandma Card.

I'll be telling my children that every year my family goes all out for the Fourth of July as Papa Ed and BMaw always has the greatest show of fireworks and I'll take my kids to Pizza Hut after big accomplishments like they did. I'll also be telling them that on my graduation day as walking across the stage he hollers "Atta girl string bean."

I'll be telling my children that Taco Tuesdays were a thing and showing them all of the ladybug gifts you've gotten me in the past nineteen years and also while going into old antique stores seeing chicken crafts and such that belong in the kitchen, thanks to Grandma Bitsy.

I'll be telling my children all about checkers, WWE on Friday nights, milkshakes with bendy straws, and more while being my granddaddy's little nurse. Thanks to my papa in Heaven who I miss daily.

I'll be telling my children how I spent almost every day of my life with my nanny and all of the memories that we have together because there are way too many to name.

There are many things that I am thankful for in life but one of the most important is my family as I am beyond thankful for my grandparents. I love you all equally and never forget it. If there ever comes a day that I will have to live without you, just know that every day after that I will be having bad days after bad days until things get better. Thank you for everything as I will always cherish these memories in the future with my future grandchildren.