A Letter From The Girl Who Skipped The Party Stage

It’s not my idea of fun and it will never be.

118
The Lister Bar

I am sorry, but I do not think it was a bad idea that I skipped the party stage of my life.

I am not one that likes to drink, smoke or go to crazy parties with a lot of people. So what is the point? It’s not my thing and it will never be. It is not something I see changing in my life. I would rather stay in with a few close friends; go to dinner or the movies. I do not understand why the “best years of my life” are supposed to be filled with memories that I will not remember.

Call me unusual or strange all you want because “all college students drink” but not me. My college life was not filled with parties, drinking or smoking; but this doesn’t make me uptight, prude or dull. Just because my priorities were different than most college students’ doesn’t mean that I am a different person because of it. My goal in college was to prepare for having a career. My main focus was and will always be my future. Personally, I rather hang out at home with my friends, singing to Taylor Swift, catching up on television shows and catching up. I do not see a point in dancing and drinking with people that I barley know at a frat party.

Hard work pays off in the end. Some of the people who focus on partying in college still have not found a job in their career paths or maybe even finished college yet. But look at me now, I focused on my career, finished college and now have a job in my career path.

When I look back on my life, I want to be able to remember what happened. I do not want to look back and remember getting ready and then blacking out. I want amazing memories that I can tell my future children about, not memories that I would avoid telling them.

If you are thinking about skipping the party stage, do not give into peer pressure. It is who you want to be in your life and no one has a say in that other than yourself. Also, you should not pressure someone out of a party stage. Everyone should be able to make their own life decisions.

I am not sorry at all for skipping the party stage and I will never apologize for it.