Out growing friends, even your best friends, is just apart of life. Think back to all the people we've called friends and best friends over the years, how many are left? Only a handful, and that's okay. You're supposed to grow and changed, and as you grow and change you let go of people that you thought were going to be around forever. Some friendships ended on bad terms, but most people you just out grow and lose touch with, as life gets busier. You obviously still want them to succeed in life, but you just don't feel like they have a part of your life anymore. I for one am no different.

To the friends I no longer need,

I knew it was coming, whether you did or not. Honestly, it was weighing heavy on my mind before I made the decision to distance myself from you, or just cut you off completely. It wasn't out of jealously, spite, pettiness or anything like that. To put in simple terms, our energies no longer matched.

If you don't understand how our energies don't match anymore, let me explain.

I've been around negativity far too long, to let it linger into my almost mid twenties. I'm just about 23 years old, I don't want to listen to the he said, she said drama. I don't want to listen to the excuses of why you feel stuck in your life, when you make little to no effort to do anything about it. I don't want to deal with the mind games of relationships. I don't want the bad decisions around me anymore. I don't want trash talking other people because you don't agree with how they live their live around me, because honestly it's childish. And I certainly do not want to deal with people who are overly attached and dependent on their significant other around me. Not that I'm the bitter friend but because if I want to spend time with you, they don't always have to be there, and because if you aren't with them, then you are completely miserable.

I'm focused on finishing my degrees, yes degrees. I'm focused on my writing. I'm focused on work. I'm focused on trying to do the Disney College Program again. I'm focused on looking at grad schools. I'm focused on all aspects of my health.

Quite honestly, I just don't have time for people who are stuck in their high school childish ways.

See the thing is, if you aren't interested in growing up and maturing than I don't need you around me. I don't need somebody, or a bunch of people around me to bring me down and distract me. I don't need to take a huge step forward then get sucked into your negative energy and end up taking 10 steps back.

A huge part of it is wanting to be more private in my life. I don't need a bunch of people or even just one person to let other people no everything I'm up to. If I mention it, then I want people to know. But even with that, I don't mention things in great detail. (Don't use my articles to say that I go into detail about my life, because none of my articles even begin to scratch the surface of whatever I was writing about.)

And just because I don't want you around me or around me as much, does not mean that I'm wishing bad things on you. I still want to see you succeed and I still want you to do what make you happy. But in this moment in time, I don't see our friendship going anywhere. The only thing I see it doing is hold me back from my future. Which is something I will never be willing to compromise.

And if that makes me an awful person, than so be it.