An Open Letter To My Mother, For Mother's Day

An Open Letter To The Strongest Woman I Know, My Mother, For Mother's Day

Mother's Day is coming up, so it's time to set aside the things going on in our lives, take a break from our busy schedules, and although we should express our appreciation every day, let's show our number one's some extra love because we all know that they deserve it. So, mom, this one is for you.

639

Dear Strongest Woman I know,

I want to start off by telling you that I love you. You are the brightest light in my life, my hero and my best friend. As I have grown older, I have become more and more aware of how much you have sacrificed for me over the years. I am truly so lucky and thankful to have such a wonderful and selfless human being like you as my mother. You have always brought out the best in me and have always shown endless patience. You have always been my biggest supporter and my number one fan, and I can't thank you enough for your continuous encouragement. You have always been the kind of mom to accept and love anyone I bring in from the outside, and you take them in as your own. There will never be enough words for me to express how much I love and appreciate you, and how blessed I am to have you. You are the perfect role model.

You have taught me so much in my life so far. I have seen you go through your own life struggles but seeing how you handled every situation thrown at you with grace and strength, has shown me how to be strong through my own struggles.

You have taught me in times where I felt as if maybe I should have given up and walked away from a situation, you told me to not beat myself up for being a fighter. In times where I have felt weak, you helped remind me how strong I really am.

You have taught me to always fight for what I believe in, to fight for what is right and to fight for myself.

You taught me to never settle for less than what I deserve.

You taught me to always see the beauty in the world and the beauty within myself.

You have taught me hard work, dedication and to always put forth my best efforts.

You have always believed in me and pushed me to be my best self, and I couldn't thank you enough for never giving up on me, especially in times where I had given up on myself.

You have shown me true, unconditional love. You have always put our happiness before your own, and you are living proof that love has no boundaries. In times where I might not have been so lovable, you always stood by me. You picked me up when I was down in some low points. You believed in me when I didn't believe in myself. In times where I felt as if the world had turned its back on me, there you stood with your arms wide open. You are tough, but always giving and you never expect anything in return. Your kindness and grace radiate from within you. You are the most beautiful person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and loving. Thank you for helping me become the woman that I am today. I could not have climbed any mountain without you.

You deserve the world, mom, because that is what you have given me, and that is what I hope to give to you one day. Happy Mother's Day.

Sincerely,

Your grateful daughter