An Open Letter To My Best Friend

An Open Letter To My Best Friend

Thank you for all the memories so far.

3364
An Open Letter To My Best Friend

Dear Best Friend,

I can honestly say that you have always been there for me no matter what happens. I would not be half the person I am today without you. You pick me up when I fall down, and keep me down-to-earth when I need a reality check. This is a letter to thank you for everything you have ever done for me.

Firstly, thank you for being by my side when I needed to laugh, cry, gossip and anything in between. Thank you for being the person I can wholly trust. You are the Cristina to my Meredith, the Mary Margaret to my Ruby, Cory to my Shawn, Woody to my Buzz LightYear. I could think of a hundred more comparisons but none would come close to the friendship we have. Like all friendships we have had our ups and downs, but we haven't. We have passed the point of getting each other mad, because we are family, and family annoys each other like crazy without even thinking about it.

I don't know how I would survive this crazy mixed up world without you. You are the first person I go to with my crazy plan because you don't judge me for my craziness, you are right there by my side being crazy with me. I trust you with all my stories. (and you know there is a new story basically every week). I am so thankful that you still tolerate me after all of my rants. I promise I will always be there for you when things get tough like you are there for me.

I love to think that we are the dynamic duo, the pair that will always be together, always hang out and share stories. I am grateful for the times you calmed me down when I was mad or cheered me up when I was sad. I don't know who else I would turn to if I didn't have you in my life. You are like my second sister. We stay up late talking about everything from school, new friends, or just the people who annoy us most at that moment. I would not have it any other way.

I am so thankful for all the memories, the sleepovers, the late night FaceTime calls, and everything we shared in between. The classes I had with you always made me smile because no matter how hard the class was, I knew I was going to be just fine because I had you by my side. You always knew how to make me laugh. You disliked anyone who hurt me solely based on the reason that they hurt me. "If you jump I jump remember?"

We have a friendship that will never quit. We went from being strangers to friends then best friends to sisters. I am so happy you are in my life because who else would be my crazy partner in crime, my twin, and most importantly my sister? There are so many crazy things we have done and I can't wait to do all the things we planned to do in our lifetimes, like have our children be best friends like us. I am so thankful for every single memory. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I am sorry to say this but you're stuck with me now, we've been through too much. I would not want to share this whole life experience without you. I love you best friend, don't ever leave, because I would be lost without you by my side.