An Open Letter To The Guy That Broke My Heart

I've never experienced hurt like this before

565

Dear *insert name*,

First of all, I just want you to know that I don't hate you at all and I don't think I could ever hate you. I remember talking to you on the phone until one of us fell asleep. I remember the first time I knew I was in love with you, the first time you sent my heart from my chest to my stomach. I've always been the type of person who has never able to fully open up and be myself. You, however, brought out the crazy side of me that only my family and close friends have seen and made me feel like I was the only girl in the world. You were my first love, the first guy I said, "I love you" to but you were also something else. You were my first true heartbreak.

The day you broke up with me will forever be sketched into my mind. I didn't know what to do with myself. You were my best friend and my shoulder to cry on so I felt hurt and betrayed. I wasn't mad at you, more like disappointed because you didn't fight for me, or for us. You broke me. You hurt me. You made me feel love like I never have and then took it away.

I want you to know that we are going to be okay. Even though our relationship ended, you still mean a lot to me. You taught me things that no one else could. I learned new things about you and about myself. You taught me that it's perfectly okay to be a little crazy. You taught me to look at the positive in every situation. You taught me that I am stronger than I think, and when some things happens and hurts me, I can pick myself up and gather the pieces to put back together. You also taught me what love is and how I should be treated.

Like I said before, I don't hate you and I never will be able to. I hope one day when you build your family, you will look back on our relationship and learn like I did. I also hope that you treat your wife the way you treated me. Neither of us are bad people and we know this. One day, we will fine the one. Until that day comes, thank you for making me stronger and teaching me lessons.

Sincerely,

The Girl With The Broken Heart...Who Is No Longer Broken